SRF Wagyu brisket...Which to buy

the white fat is typical. 4 to a case and the weights vary just like a case of brisket from costco or sams. average size is 14ish pounds.

typical ground shipping is 55-65 bucks depending on the weight of course.

Thanks. The fat did look like a decent amount so a concern would be how much is getting trimmed off. Are we not able to state the price per pound on this thread yet?

Let me know when you are ready to ship to the west coast. I am in AZ and would take a case today :) Thank you for doing this

So was I reading correct that the normally a case is around 4 briskets or does it vary? Also what was the price for the 67lbs shipped? Always looking for better wagyu sources. I know comp guys are looking for specific sizes and consistent thickness, but at home doesn't matter as much.

And to Offshore, is that one pic with the brisket with all the white fat (not saying this is a bad thing) indicative of what is shipped? Just curious.

Not sure quite yet if he / they wanting me discussing price. But will if I'm given the go ahead.

They threw in a few Wagyu hamburger patties for me to try so I'm not sure how much they weigh compared to the brisket.

I'll post pics with everything you'll need to know once it gets here tmrw. night. I'm not on duty this weekend and hope to have time to smoke one, take pics, and shoot some video as well. I'll post up here as well as probably starting a thread.

Adam..... Scott told me he was okay with posting his farms name and info once I got pics / vids... I'll let you do that when ready, so these guys can start enjoying his Wagyu as well!!

I'm excited :)

Definitely following this thread. I'm curious as to what you think about the taste/texture. I know some comp people were a little put off by the "gaminess" that they were getting from the Australian A9 Briskets vs the SRF briskets, but it's hard to beat $7-8 dollars a pound shipped.

Like Big Swole, I will also be receiving my case of briskets tomorrow. I will be doing a cook Sunday and will post pictures and my thoughts on the briskets. Adam and the ranch have been awesome to deal with.

-Brent

Like Big Swole, I will also be receiving my case of briskets tomorrow. I will be doing a cook Sunday and will post pictures and my thoughts on the briskets. Adam and the ranch have been awesome to deal with.

-Brent

What type of smoke are you going to use?

I'll be using my LSG IVC first...then may do the next one on my Offset.

What type of smoke are you going to use?

I'll be using my LSG IVC first...then may do the next one on my Offset.

I was going to do it in my Lang, but instead I'm thinking I'm going to do it in my WSM + guru so I can go overnight. I'm looking forward to seeing your results! This is going to be a great thing

-Brent

I was going to do it in my Lang, but instead I'm thinking I'm going to do it in my WSM + guru so I can go overnight. I'm looking forward to seeing your results! This is going to be a great thing

-Brent

Agreed!! I'm excited as well and hope to see your results soon too.

David

I think I am interested in this. I normally prefer primes, can't imagine what Wagyu would be like.

You guys go ahead and post whatever you'd like. I'm happy folks will get some of the best quality meat at reasonable prices.

As far as the trim.. that's something we'll all have to work out. As ive stated... the source makes their living on their reputation. I stumbled upon the briskets and the ranch is more than willing to tailor our cuts to our needs if the demand is there. My sole concern was cost. The market will determine if an additional few dollars a pound is worth 5 minutes of trimming fat.

Fyi... wagyu cattle are fat... very fat.. And that's what makes them good. It's a much smaller cow with highly desirable omega 3 fat that melts like butter.

We have the opportunity to buy wagyu brisket at the source... we can either pay for someone else to sort and trim adding cost...ir we can be happy with ultra premium wagyu brisket at a phenomenal price. That's what this is.

If you're super nitpicky about a little additional fat to trim these probably aren't for you.

I'm heading out to the gulf and will be back late Friday or early Saturday.

Last edited:
I paid 10 bucks a pound for this and it was right at 16 pounds. It comes from Australia and is graded at A9+. The best brisket that I have ever eaten. Shipping was like 15 bucks for 2 day.

Attachments

• Wagyu.jpg
    Wagyu.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 161
so you paid $175 for a brisket? i hope it made you **** gold. do you have a photo of the rest of it? a 16 pound trimmed wagyu/kobe brisket would have to come from a 4 year old steer and even then wagyu steers top out at 1500 - 1600 pounds. looks like a great piece of meat, but a 20 pound (pre-trimmed brisket) trimmed that close is genetically impossible at the size you're speaking of. there just isn't enough muscle mass on the wagyu to size that up.

And no ..im not talking garbage .. only science. Its more likely that is 50 or 75% wagyu or kobe if you will.

to put this into perspective - genuine kobe or wagyu cattle are puny .. a 20 pound packer is somewhat of a rarity from our own american hormone force fed beef ..and our native cattle are ginormous.

Last edited:
Back