First wagyu brisket

OldPostSmoke

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Daniel
I'm catering a family reunion next weekend, and I went a little crazy buying a gold Snake River Farms brisket (a smaller SRF brisket was a planned birthday gift for myself, and I decided to share). Is there anything I need to know about how to cook this brisket differently? For example, should I use the same 1/4" fat cap trim? Will the bottom feel the same when it's done?

I don’t see any difference in how it’s prepared.
All I can say is…. You’re gonna love it! The marbling is amazing, even in the flat.
JD

You made me go check the price on their web site...YIKES!

Well, it is your birthday. Let us know how it turns out.

I may have to try one of those sometime before I get too lazy to run my offset any longer.

Better than a fancy meal for two at a fancy overly expensive restaurant. (at least to me)

Make sure it is probe tender when your finished cooking. Sometimes the temp can be over 200 internal before it is probe tender. There is a lot of fat to trim off. Save it! Can be used for a lot of things we use it in sausage meatloaf etc. Let it rest in a cooler for a few hours

I haven’t cooked a ton of them, but have done a few and I have a tendency to undercook wagyu briskets when I judge them by the same “probe tender” standards as commodity brisket…they seem deceivingly soft by nature to me. My only advice is to be extra sure they’re fully rendered, otherwise it’ll still be a bit chewy.

It will cook a bit faster and finish at a bit higher temp than you would expect from a non wagyu brisket.

Thanks everyone! Deceivingly soft, cooking a bit faster and finishing a bit hotter is exactly the kind of advice I was hoping for. I'll make sure to come back with some pron when I'm done.

I used to cook these alot in comps. Prep is always same for me compared to standard. Only difference I noticed is how it probed tender at lower temp than choice. Little misleading so I used jiggle and be d test as a judge. Even if probe tender early I found myself still taking to 200-205

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back