THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T

The bear

Sort of a Mystery question

I am not sure this where this applies here or elsewhere so please forgive me if I goofed up

My question is regarding corn bread. A friend of mine has recently given her corn bread recipient to my wife. I want to figure out how they do it. It rocks.

Here is what I know or presume as my wife never cooks anything complicated (unlike me)

I presume its starts with some kind of mix
Whole corn is added at some point
The secret ingredient is not cream corn

Baked like one would bake Cup cakes

C’mon guys they will tell me if I can guess it. Supposed to be a simple recipe.

I am with Kevin, except, I like some finely chopped onions and jalapeno in the mix. And I coat the pad with melted bacon fat before cooking.

Jiffy corn bread mix, Green Giant Niblets corn and cream cheese. Do I win a prize if I guessed correctly?

I almost agree.

Jiffy Mix, Canned Corn........and................wait for it..........
Mayonnaise..

if your mix calls for eggs & oil...use Mayonnaise instead (not salad dressing!)

It works for corn bread, biscuits, etc ...and it the "secret" ingredient in most baked goods.

add some grated cheddar, sour cream, a little baking powder to rise, jalepenos and bacon grease in the bottom. kind of like a southwest yorkshire pudding!

cheers,

scott

buttermilk....i think it was in the last one i made and the stuff was nice and moist....

Let me see if I've got this correct.

Your friends make awesome corn bread...right?

The gave the recipe to your wife...right?

She won't share it with you...right?

Dude...I'm just saying...

Back