Smoking in a flat.

Shiv

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Alfredo
Hi all.

Recently I bought my first home, but I´m poor like rats so I can´t afford the arden (It was the original idea, but it´s more than 1k shipping and taxes to Spain, plus the Arden smoker)

I wonder if anybody has tried to smoke in a flat.

I have 2 terraces, one is closed near to the kitchen (laundry terrace)
Something like this:
210AP418_20180309115141_89_g.jpg

It has only room for the washing machine and a little more.

It has to have a tubing for the smoke extractor going up there.

And that´s my question.

Can I make any sort of smoke outlet through that extractor tubing or it will be a mess to keep temps?

I have an UDS with excelent results on village´s patio and I want to make a smaller one for cooking at home, but only if I can guide the smoke through the extractor.

Any of you has the smoke outlet guided?
Any indoor smoker??

Thanks in advice.

NOTE: I have only about 60x60cm to fill before my wife finds out something to put there.

A pit barrel is 57 cm diameter, should fit, but I want a smaller one, about 100l can. (like junior PCB)

Never ever enclose a smoker or grill within your home. Local regulations here say they need to be 10 ft. from any living space and OUTDOORS.

Unless there is a vent out the back of that vent, it likely just recirculates the air through a filter. Even if you can vent the smoke, you need to worry about the proximity of fire to combustible material. For example, a restaurant with a grill or smoker has a ventilation system, and the cooker is on concrete or tile with steel lined walls and ceiling. Another concern in the winter is a vent with enough cfm to pull the smoke out of your house will pull the heat from the home.

Besides all the valid concerns and pitfalls (no pun intended) that others have pointed out about your proposal, there is are two more. One being the possibility of introducing carbon monoxide from the incomplete burning of the fuel. The other concern I would have is that the combustion process might also deplete the oxygen level inside your flat. As others have stated, this idea is not recommended.

You’ll need to get something electric that uses pellets for smoke to use indoors.
I don’t think this is released yet, and something that Yoder is involved in, but here is an example.
https://www.geappliances.com/indoor-pellet-smoker

Edit, I think it will only be available in the US and Canada at first. Again, just an example of one option for you.

You’ll need to get something electric that uses pellets for smoke to use indoors.
I don’t think this is released yet, and something that Yoder is involved in, but here is an example.
https://www.geappliances.com/indoor-pellet-smoker

Edit, I think it will only be available in the US and Canada at first. Again, just an example of one option for you.

That´s what I´d liked.

But send it to Spain is about 1000 EUR shipping + final price.
Around 2200 - 2400 EUR

Ready at Mid 2024

I made do with something similar to this for years.
https://www.amazon.com/Camerons-Lar...pcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A1B7M9EQGNCLQA

You're not going to do a brisket, but ribs and salmon were easy.

Thanks but I want a real one.
Self contained like UDS(but smaller) or kamado (but cheaper)

I know people who make bbq in a portable one, I think that is more dangerous than a smoker.

I don´t forget it, just taking a while to think it again.

The zone is safer than the pic, mi terrace is about 6.5 x 10 ft, wich is triple the size of that, but the distribution is the same.

The only burning thing around will be the washing machine at 8-9 ft

I know people have their kamados like this, just I want a kamado-like for 150 bucks and proper ventilation

This is a reder with trully measurements:
kA5aAvwjW8MegTzB44iGB.jpg

The smoker/kamado is the barrel.

Behind the window is a concrete bench that I have planned to remove, but not yet.

Last edited:
LOL...I've been trying to figure out what a "flat" is....
From context, I'm guessing it means a small apartment...?

Back