Some Shrimp-n-Grits

Holy hot dayum! I love shrimp and grits, and that is one of the better looking versions that I have seen. You may have me changing my dinner plans.

Since my lovely wife is allergic to shrimp I can see it now: "But honey, I was only eating shrimp & grits - really!" :spy:

Thank you mchar and Tony! :thumb:

I'm very inspired to "try" and make what you did here. Just fantastic Jeanie!
Sam thanks so much! You can cook circles around me, I know you won't have to "try" hard on this dish! :becky: Hope you have a great weekend! :thumb:

Ray Thank you!! Shrimp sure cooks fast when you smoosh em. :)

Jeanie,

SHEESH---you visited friends in TX and did not stop to see us in the FL Panhandle? We are CRUSHED!!!!!!! 8)

That is the most awesome shrimp and grits I have ever seen!

Mrs Kapn loves them.
I normally can take or leave them.
But...I would be all over those! 8)

The BBQ GODDESS does it again!

TIM

Thank you Tim you are so kind!! I would have visited you too if I could have. Many (((HUGS))) to you!! :wink:

Thank you MS2SB!!

Since my lovely wife is allergic to shrimp I can see it now: "But honey, I was only eating shrimp & grits - really!" :spy:

Shoot Greg, I forgot about your Mrs' allergy. Maybe you could make sausage-n-grits. :-D I know you make some danged fine sausages. Those would be awesome in this.
Thanks so much Greg....

Thank you Wickedcajun and Blue!!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Had grits only once and swore I'd never eat them again...but you have changed my mind, Jeanie!

:hungry:

Food of the Gods, Buccs. Food of the Gods.
Grits are my all time favorite hot cereal.

Nice bowl there, Jeanie. :-D

Helluva cook, Jeanie! Next time you are passing through, stop by to give me some lessons :wink:

Jeannie, when you Big You Go Real Big. Excellent looking cook and I am sure it tasted even better. I just returned from Charleston and picked up some fresh shrimp as well. I have already bookmarked the recipe. I always enjoy your cooks. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Peeps! You don't need any lessons. I'll stop by and bug ya anyway. :thumb:

Jeannie, when you Big You Go Real Big. Excellent looking cook and I am sure it tasted even better. I just returned from Charleston and picked up some fresh shrimp as well. I have already bookmarked the recipe. I always enjoy your cooks. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you TBASS, I'm looking forward to seeing what you make. Bet your Charleston shrimp will be tasty!

Ive ate some of the best shrimp and grits all down the gulf coast and I gotta say that is some good looking shrimp!!!!!! loved how you cooked the shrimp separately to keep from over cooking! Bravo !!!:eusa_clap

Back