Shrimp ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿค๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I don't cook shrimp often. But when I do, it's The High Plains version of NOLA Cajun Barbecue Shrimp. Cooking for two.

One loaf of Sourdough bread cooked in The Bread Machine
Cast Iron skillet and some good heat in a cooker
Fry 6-8 pieces of bacon
Remove bacon and leave grease
Add coarse chopped onion - sweat
Add one stick butter- melt
add 7 oz stock seasoned with Worcestershire,Tabasco, s&p
Bring to simmer
Add one can of regular beer
Bring to simmer
Add 12-15 under 20 per # deveined shell split but still on
Bring the skillet to simmer until desired doneness of shrimps

In bowl add shrimp and juices
Wrap shrimp, bacon and fished out onions in a slice of sourdough
Dip, eat, enjoy

Last edited:
looks great and made me hungry. Just curious about cooking with shell. My grandmother cleaned shrimp for gumbo, then boiled the shells and used that stock rather than water. She thought it added flavor. I loved my grandmother, but have been skeptical of the technique. Thoughts?

looks great and made me hungry. Just curious about cooking with shell. My grandmother cleaned shrimp for gumbo, then boiled the shells and used that stock rather than water. She thought it added flavor. I loved my grandmother, but have been skeptical of the technique. Thoughts?

Your Grandma was right. Was raised cooking shrimp with shells on except when frying- then we'd leave the tail. There are some pitfalls if you leave the head though I've never noticed it. Living in Louisiana a couple years and relatives living in the Gulf Coast it was easy to buy fresh and immediately drive home and cook. Occasionally I'll buy the jumbo shrimp on ice at the Grocery Store (heads are gone) but usually will buy a two pound under 20# deveined and shell on but split. The frozen with shells and veins removed IMHO have little shrimp flavor and taste like the seasoning, butter or chile sauce used for dipping.

Below a link pertaining to shrimp shells
https://www.allrecipes.com/article/nope-nope-nope-dont-throw-away-those-shrimp-shells/

In my book shrimp is always a good choice. You're twist looks/sounds great.

First experience with BBQ Shrimp was at Pascale's Manale in New Orleans. They're knockoff recipes galore on the inet. Guessing YouTube as well.

Back