Some Leftover Weekday Cooks

Sako, that's just a knockout bunch of "leftover" cooks you put together that would no doubt please anyone! Superb work, my friend!

I notice you had the pizza on a pan w/some parchment, is that correct? What dough formula are you using these days?

Thanks Richard!

As far as dough, it all depends what I'm in the mood for. I've been on a Neapolitan binge as of late with 00 flour and high hydration doughs. This was just plain pepperoni pizzeria style pies so I just went 65% hydration with King Arthur AP flour.

500 g flour
325 ml water
eyeball salt
1tsp ish yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
Corn meal sprinkle on the bottom. I like the corn meal crust sometimes like the Manhattan Beach pizzeria right off the pier used to do. :-D

Double rise, stretch, top and cook at 500* on the Blackstone dial. Obviously higher temps inside.

As for the pizza crisper pans, I just tried it for the heck of it to see what happens. It worked ok but the second pie I did with parchment paper only. The pizza crisper pan has been working awesome in the oven though. Here are some pics

97xzt18h.jpg

NgUX3XCh.jpg

Last edited:
Any of those are worthy of the "Leftovers" TD! You rocked them all and made sure that nothing went to waste. Win-win!

Back