Some Chile Rellenos and stuff, and stuffed!

I would love to spend a week with you Bob to learn all these delicious looking plates you make and post!!!
Excellent looking plate.

My Farkbook comment still stands. :grin:
That's one farked up gooey mess there Bob. I'd hit that twice on Sunday. :thumb::thumb:

You, my Texican friend, are about to inspire me, you know. Rellenos are one of my all time favorite dishes, from any cooking style, yet I've NEVER tried making them. I just may well give them a go now.

I'd hit that! :thumb:

You sure do know how to make a man hungry. It's a shame you don't' know where to find any hot sauce. :heh:

Looks great, brother!

YodaHitHard_zps985f610f.jpg

Dinner...it's kinda the Frankenstein of Rellenos, but damn it was good!:thumb:

Bob that looks fantastic!! How did you like the spoon batter method?
It's a lot easier for me than dipping em, especially when I stuff them too much.
Yours look fanfrankentastic!!

You, my Texican friend, are about to inspire me, you know. Rellenos are one of my all time favorite dishes, from any cooking style, yet I've NEVER tried making them. I just may well give them a go now.
I just think it's one of those foods you need to make often to get the hang of em. Jeanie's batter is super easy to make. I think maybe using some smaller peepers and or stuffing them a bit more would have helped my attempt a bit more.

Bob that looks fantastic!! How did you like the spoon batter method?
It's a lot easier for me than dipping em, especially when I stuff them too much.
Yours look fanfrankentastic!!
Jeanie, spooning the batter on was a lot easier. Less messier too. As much as I love poblanos, I think long greens are better suited for rellenos. Easier to work with. Spooning the hot oil over em was easier then flipping em to.
I will definitely be making them again soon!

I just think it's one of those foods you need to make often to get the hang of em. Jeanie's batter is super easy to make. I think maybe using some smaller peepers and or stuffing them a bit more would have helped my attempt a bit more.

Jeanie, spooning the batter on was a lot easier. Less messier too. As much as I love poblanos, I think long greens are better suited for rellenos. Easier to work with. Spooning the hot oil over em was easier then flipping em to.
I will definitely be making them again soon!

You sure did a great job Bob, looks delicious!! Did I mention you still need to adopt me? :mrgreen:
I like the long green chilies too, they are my favorite for rellenos. :)

Back