• Green Chile Chorizo Sloppy José on a Crusty Roll

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Given that we have a Fusion Feast Throwdown in progress, I didn't want to miss an opportunity to come up with something I've never done before: this unique sammich creation is a fusion of two foods – American and Mexican, a Sloppy Joe meets a Mexican Torta. So, I named it a Sloppy [FONT=&quot]José![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]First, I started with by blackening some poblano chiles:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
5ZpT5Gb.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Removed the skins and seeds:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
dv1iVsT.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Slow cooked caramelized onions:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
3q0mKH1.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Added the chopped chiles to the onions:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
oQUBZLi.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Then cooked the Chorizo that we get from a Mexican market in Nashville. It is the best chorizo I’ve ever had, even better than we used to get in LA![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
dCwIGlh.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With all of that done, I fired up the Blackstone griddle and started browning the chorizo/chile/onion mixture:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
F9umcmC.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Almost done:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
ZWS4yyA.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And here it is, the Sloppy José sammich fully constructed: the chorizo mixture was spooned into a hollowed out super fresh Publix grinder roll, topped with homemade pico de gallo and some cheese:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
tXrWNeY.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Cut and ready to eat:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
JxxQ8EZ.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It was bursting with flavor, and the coolness of the pico de gallo and cheese offset the hot spicy chorizo, onions, and chiles. Delicious. And sloppy![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for checking out my Sloppy José![/FONT]

This is exactly why I come to this site. That looks awesome. Now I have something to try that you would never think of or find locally

I have found more inspiration and ideas here than anywhere else! I came here over 15 years ago for the UDS thread, but stayed long term for the wealth of knowledge about cookers, techniques, recipes and so much more. Hope you'll stick around for a while!

Location of the place you got the chorizo? I love exploring the international markets off Nolensville Road.

Back