So Cal Bash 2015

You mean you might make the drive from SLO? It would be great to see you!

It would be great to see you again and everybody else as well!

Not too worried about the drive down, but the drive back would be tougher. Not much of a real late person to begin with, and after all the food, it makes it even worse. Have to see how things shake out. Same weekend as another event, but I'm pretty close to bailing on that one.

Any update on this?
Do we have a final date (Oct. 3rd?) and location?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Unfortunately, I am going through some personal issues related to my business that require an intense period of focus over the next 30 days, so my place is out. Is there someone among us with a fair amount of space that would be an appropriate Plan B?

I would absolutely love to, but that is the one weekend I'll be in town between two weekends of being gone on either side (actually a couple on either side). If it was a normal situation I'd be all about it & I really wish I could make it happen here, but I'm doing a bunch of traveling right around that time. I'm pretty sure I could do it here on 10/24 or one of the first 2 Saturdays in November if that works.

Hope all goes well for you, Moose. Plan B at Greg's sounds good. Later in the month work better for me, might actually be walking by then ( I can hope!). Hope it will work out for all the SoCal farkers.

So the 24th is good here at the house. Looks like it'll work out that some SRF shorties I won in a drawing (oh - btw - :whoo: :rockon:) will be getting here earlier that week, so if we wanna do it here on that day we're good for that. Is that gonna work for y'all? And - I'm open for whatever - start early in the day, go into the night, make a weekend of it, wives, spouses, friends - it's all good. Might be fun to figure out cooking a lamb or goat or something like that.

Anyway, anyone who's good for that holler. Out of town farkers - we got room here for ya.

And Richard - hope things are OK over there.

Congrats again on winning the drawing, I'm sure you will do wonders with them.

Lee and I are sad to miss it, as we will be in Vegas that weekend judging a competition on Sunday.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I'm all in, let me know where and when. I'm game for all day, I'd love to see and talk BBQ close up with all of you. So few people around me are in to that I geek out when I get around others who are into this. Here is some brotherly brethren love to all of you (fist pump) :boxing:

• Thanks
^^^Alright! New blood! We'd love to have you come join us. As the time draws closer I'll send out pm's with address and all that. I'm cool with whatever time - maybe look to eat sometime in the afternoon, evening, and night. :hungry:

I won some very, very high quality short ribs from Snake River Farms in a drawing, so those will be getting cooked. Either I will cook 'em or hopefully we can get silverfinger over here to do that - been loving the beef rib goodness we've been seeing from Torrance! Plus several hours of hanging out, stoking a fire and cooking with Ray sounds like a pretty farking good way to spend a Saturday. :thumb:

Hoping to make it. Got a thing on that day I didn't remember. I want to blow it off anyway, so this will be my excuse! Congrats on winning those ribs - they look killer.

• Thanks
As long as the birth of my next grandchild cooperates I'd sure like to make it down.

If you So Cal people will have me.

LG

• Thanks
As long as the birth of my next grandchild cooperates I'd sure like to make it down.

If you So Cal people will have me.

LG

It would be an honor, sir - we'd absolutely love to have you with us! Congrats on the grandbaby!

Also - my parents will be in town, so we'll have some help eating. :thumb:

I'm eyeballs deep in work right now, but soon I'll be sending around PM's to local folk I haven't see in this thread. Any non-locals who are in the area that day are definitely welcome to come along with friends, family, etc.

For those coming - you can look in my sig and see what all there is to cook on - there should be plenty of grill and smoker space, and I have a camp stove out there with a griddle top as well. If anybody wants to bring along their own cooker that's cool too - whatever works!

We already have plates, napkins, flatware, cambro, big ole cooler, etc.

So is this now officially on the 24th and the 3rd (tomorrow) is cancelled?

That is correct. Come on down!

Just so the info is on this page and folks don't have to dig:

SoCal Brethren Bash @ casa de gtr in Culver City on Saturday 10/24. I'll send address, phone #, etc. in the week prior to the Bash.

Everyone is welocme. I'm guessing the "main" part of the food will be around 6 pm, but folks can come whenever they want - we'll be there all day and food will be rolling off the grills the whole time methinks, so if someone wants to cook something that takes a little while, it's all good - there's plenty of cooker space and getting here early in the day is no problem at all, as my idea of a good time is hanging out and cooking with my Brethren Brothers.

I'll be cooking SRF plate ribs that I won in a drawing. :whoo: Also I can't really picture the day without fatties and biscuits and pepper jelly so that's gonna happen too.

We have a spare bedroom or 2 and a couple couches, so if anybody is rendered immobile due to a meat coma we got ya covered.

Thanks for the info. Figure it's about a 3 hour drive each way, so we need to do some planning and figure it out. Really want to make it. Always a great time.

• Thanks
Back