So Cal Bash 2015

images

Last edited:
We should get a list going of who is coming and what they're bringing. I got out of my thing, so now I just need to get a hungry friend to drive and I'll be there. Shouldn't be a problem. I'll definitely be bringing jalapeno dip & chips. There were too many sad faces at the pig pickin'. Probably some salsa too. Now that I'm kind of walking, if I can plan on getting there early enough to cook them, I'll bring some beef ribs. Then we can do a comparison of store bought to those fantastic looking SRF ribs. I may bring some spares or rib tips too. Depends on what's out in the freezer. Otherwise, I'll bring some desert. May do that anyway. Looking forward to seeing all you farkers and going into a meat coma!

I'm definitely coming and bringing my brand new WSM 14... after all that's why I got it. Still don't know what I'm going to cook on it yet. Throwing around a few ideas, but haven't landed on anything yet.

Something in the way again for me. Cousin's getting married the same day.:-?

We should get a list going of who is coming and what they're bringing. I got out of my thing, so now I just need to get a hungry friend to drive and I'll be there. Shouldn't be a problem. I'll definitely be bringing jalapeno dip & chips. There were too many sad faces at the pig pickin'. Probably some salsa too. Now that I'm kind of walking, if I can plan on getting there early enough to cook them, I'll bring some beef ribs. Then we can do a comparison of store bought to those fantastic looking SRF ribs. I may bring some spares or rib tips too. Depends on what's out in the freezer. Otherwise, I'll bring some desert. May do that anyway. Looking forward to seeing all you farkers and going into a meat coma!

I'm bringing the mac and cheese. I'd like to bring something else, except we're leaving on vacation after the Bash and the missus doesn't want her kitchen looking like post Iron Chef Championships.

Sako - bummed you can't make it! Other farkers - glad y'all can! Traveling now, but I'll be home Friday and will have time to focus for a few minutes and take a look at who's bringing what, what we might need and whatnot. I'll put together a list, send PM's, etc.

Looking damn good so far! :hungry:

Alrighty - back home - we're a week out and here's what we're looking at so far:

-SmokinJohn - mac n cheese

-campdude - jalapeno/cheese dip, possibly dessert, maybe a little freezer diving

-gtr - SRF beef ribs (maybe rope Ray in to cooking these?), fatties & biscuits, most likely lemon icebox pie - or, since we do that all the time - maybe home made ice cream instead? Chime in on that!

-Tonybel - whatever they wanna bring/cook!

-same for Bigmista!

-BBQluver - bringing the mini WSM - looking forward to seeing that & eating whatever you make on it!

-SoCalWJS, moose, silverfinger, BBQ_Grail - y'all coming?

I have recruited a few eaters to help. My folks will be in town along with a little bit of extended family. Everybody feel free to bring anyone and anything you like. Any other farkers in the SoCal area that weekend please join us - we always have an awesome time.

Figuring the main part of the eating will probably be around 5-6pm, but stuff will be cooking and coming off of grills all day. Come as early as you like - we'll be here cooking away. There is plenty of smoker/grill space and all the plates, napkins, etc. are good to go. I'll send out pm's with street address a little later today or tomorrow.

Really looking forward to hanging out with my Brethren Brothers/Sistren! :whoo:

Edit - just picked up some red oak. Might be good for some open pit cooking in the firepit. Not a huge amount of clearance but we could make it work.

Last edited:
My sister sent me a recipe that I think I'll have to try at a bash. It's a bacon wrapped boneless pork rib stuffed pineapple coated with rub. I'll bring a bunch of rib tips to use for that and just cook the rest up. I'll maybe bring a dessert too. Should I bring a rack of mortal beef ribs to compare with those amazing SRF ribs? Greg, lemon ice box pie is great, but ice cream always wins! I'll try to get there mid-day to have time to smoke it all. I've got some pepper jelly for the fattie biscuits too.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Once again my weekend is packed. My sons birthday party is that day. I thought I might be able to sneak away later in the afternoon but I have family traveling a long way to be there so that's not gonna happen.

I'm sure it will be a great time! All the bashes are!
Tip the cabo for me. :thumb:

Marty - that looks/sounds delicious!

Ray - farkin bummer! Well, if anything changes, you know where we'll be!

Looks like Anne & I might be able to pull this off. Not positive yet, but we are going to try. Give official notice later in the week. Not sure if I'll be able to do any contributing this time, but we'll see. There are a few ideas in the back of the ol' brain bucket somewhere.

^^^Cool - we'd love to have you! No need worry about contributing - obviously when you're that far away the options get real skinny - we'd just be glad to have y'all here. I'll be sending out address, phone # etc. tomorrow.

Back