So Cal Bash 2015

Looks like y'all had a great time (except for the bacon grease accident)!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
You CA. Folks know how to roll! Looks like a good time was had by all! Thanks to all for sharing these pic's!

• Thanks
The meat that didn't make it

Here's a few shots of what I was going to bring. I didn't make the stuffed pineapple. I'll try that at the next bash or party at Greg's.

The beef ribs looked good, but no where near as good as the SRF ribs.

They came out tender and juicy but did not compare to the flavor of Greg's ribs. Almost glad we didn't taste them side by side.

Guys it was great meeting you all and being so welcomed by everyone. I loved learning more about BBQ, seeing all the great food and meeting fun people. It felt like I was meeting a side of the family I had never known, yet knew my whole life. Thank you all for sharing with me and letting me share with you.

I must say the Brethren is so much more than a forum to get answers to questions, but a group of amazing friends I never knew I had. We shared stories of Brethren meeting other Brethren for the first time and sending them home with a gift basket of BBQ.

Thanks everyone.

Most of the pics were covered by others that have been posted and the ones I have are giving me issues downloading (pics cut in half... stupid iPhone).

Dang, you guys sure know how to put on a feed! Looks like a great time!! :-D

• Thanks
Good times as usual guys! Gotta make it to the next one and I don't care what coincides it.

• Thanks
What a great time! Anne & I both ate too much fantastic food and it was great seeing some of the gang again!

gtr - thank you so much for hosting this little shin dig! We both look forward to these as an opportunity to not only eat great food, but share a little time with like minded BBQ nuts. Loved your BYC - very jealous. I wanted one for so long but never could quite pull the trigger. Great to see one in person and get a closer look. The food coming off was out of this world good, but I gotta give special mention to those beef ribs. :clap2:

Honors also to the beans that got all the special love from the drippings from contributing Pigs and Cow. I coulda eaten a good portion of that tray and been content to not have anything else, but I had to try some of everything. Loved the wings too - lip smacking good and cooked to perfection!

How many different types of pig did you cook? I know there were at least a few different pork belly pieces and I thoroughly enjoyed all of them.

I didn't get to contribute any food this time, but there seemed to be plenty anyway, and I did remember to stop up and pick up the Cabo.

Great seeing Bigmista, SmokinJohn, Campdude, and both halves of Tonybel, and it was nice to meet a new brethren: BBQLuver.

Sorry I had to eat and run, but it was a long day with a long drive home afterwards. Hopefully next time (Hint hint) we can figure out a way to stay a bit later.

Thanks again Greg!

• Thanks
Back