Smoked meatloaf

Love smoked meatloaf. I didn't even know it was a thing until one day our oven decided it was not going to work anymore. Well, meat mixture was mixed and so it was ..... fire it up!!!

Ever since, we rarely ever ate oven baked loaf until a tragedy in family and 3 back surgeries a couple years ago.

Sorry to hear about that congestion. No smell does sure take the taste right out of one's mouth. :sad:

I see you just placed the loaf on some foil on the grill. Would a wire rack inside a baking pan work for this? Need to contain the grease while allowing smoke access to the meat.

Wire rack or frog mat would probably have worked better but the foil was what I had handy. I had pans under the grate so had no need to catch the grease. Tries to keep the foil pretty flat so it could drain away. Mixed success on that.

That looks awesome - I’ve never been a fan of meatloaf, never cooked it and I only clicked the link to see what the fuss is about...now I am definitely going to smoke some.

That looks awesome - I’ve never been a fan of meatloaf, never cooked it and I only clicked the link to see what the fuss is about...now I am definitely going to smoke some.

This recipe was quite a bit different than most I’ve had. It’s definitely the choice for people who like bbq more than meatloaf.

The only thing better than meatloaf is smoked meatloaf. I googled that recipe and bookmarked it- once the snow melts down out back, I'm gonna have to try and make that.

That is a delicious looking meatloaf, nice work.

Back