Smoked Meatloaf-final pics added

The loaf looks great!

What brand skillet is that? I've been looking at non-stick commercial skillets.

Outstanding job and creativity!!! Thank you for sharing a great idea!!

I think you may have started something here.......going on UDS later today.

OSD I saw your post and did one Saturday! Came out really good too. I did learn that if you use parchment paper you need to poke holes in the middle so the grease doesn't pool up there!:shock:

Did you leave the paper under it the whole cook? I did but I read where others have removed it after 1/2 hour or so to get some bark on the bottom. Mine were about 1 1/2 hours at 320 to get to 165with one pecan chunk.

Did one today and had the same thought about poking through the parchment paper. Glad I didn't.....used 2 tbsp. of it to make gravy.

I leave the parchment paper under the whole cook. If you don't want the drippings in the center cut hole before there before you place the loaf on the paper. Also trim the paper smaller around the outside( maybe 1/8" smaller) than the loaf, then all the drippings will not pool up on the edges.

Okay, I've never been a huge fan of meatloaf (I'll eat it if it's there but it isn't high on my favorites list) but I'll definitely try this. Love the bundt pan idea!:thumb: THANKS for the post!:-D

Back