Comfort Food - Meatloaf and Mashed

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
It was a comfort food weeknight dinner - Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes

The meatloaf was a combo of ground turkey, ground beef and Italian sausage removed from the casing. This is just the usual "wing it" recipe, so in went diced red peppers, diced onion, Panko bread crumbs and an egg. For seasoning I added Worcestershire and Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow.

Formed into a nicely uniform loaf and out onto the Goldens' indirect, temps around 375F and higher. On to a baking pan lined with parchment, some bacon added just because... -

3VSGUyy.jpg

It was pouring rain just as this went on, finally stopped during the cook. A little rain won't deter me.

Making progress -

6sEvsFq.jpg

We've reached 165F so it's about ready to come off -

QJX5CBv.jpg

Resting, I'm getting anxious to dig in -

15JPFpD.jpg

uPETdxi.jpg

WnZcdLQ.jpg

Dinner is served! My wife's Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Cauliflower w/ Balsamic and Carrots as sides -

54E2TgY.jpg

AiUsFPu.jpg

I only wish I'd had time to make some bbq sauce, will do so tomorrow for leftovers. There are gonna be some good sandwiches for lunch the rest of the week.

Thanks for checking in on today's Meatloaf dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

Meatloaf and mash one of my Favorites. Keep telling my wife that I want to do one on the Egg. How long did you cook that for. That looks like a Happy Meal TD to me

Meatloaf and mash one of my Favorites. Keep telling my wife that I want to do one on the Egg. How long did you cook that for. That looks like a Happy Meal TD to me

I wasn't paying attention to time, but probably an hour, George. I was using the Smoke and monitoring temps. Partway through I added additional grates to get the pan higher up in the dome as the grate temp was climbing upwards of 375. I didn't want the bottom to burn despite going indirect.

Mighty Fine Sir! Man that all looks Great!

Thanks. I should have taken pics of yesterday's sandwich, maybe I'll do so today.

A 2 inch thick slice of warmed meatloaf with melted Swiss and mustard on toast. Darn good comfort food, for sure. All it needed was a cold beer.

There's just something about meatloaf - it's good on day 1 but gets better as it sits in the fridge and calls my name. :mrgreen:

Dinner is definitely served! I would definitely be napping after a plate of that goodness, heck, I would even do the dishes in return for the meal.

Back