Smoked Meatloaf-final pics added

It's about time you finished dinner and got around to posting the masterpiece.
The wait was like a bad bottle of catsup.:wink:

Extremely Creative idea with the bundt pan. And the results looks perfect, I believe I'll be giving that one a try.

Amazing lookin' meatloaf right there!

SmittyJonz did a great smoked meatloaf last weekend at the North Texas Bash and I've had a hankerin' for it since then.

GENIUS!

I gotta try the bundt pan idea.

I've found that the best thing you can do for a meatloaf (other than smoking it of course :becky:) is to saute the veg first as it helps the flavors really work into the meat.

I'd say you nailed that one! :thumb:

Looks great and probably tasted better. I never make a meatloaf that big, so the Bundt pan is out for me. Maybe 3#'s at the most and I still end up eating most of it. Wife only likes Korean leftovers...

Not that that is necessarily a bad thing. Love me some meatloaf sandwiches with mayo and cheese on Sourdough. :mrgreen:

Quick question... I have never done a meatloaf (or smoked ground meat of any kind), so wondering how much liquid comes out of one during the cooking process? I am thinking about the gravy. Did you do anything to get enough liquid base for the gravy, or is the gravy you show here largely from some other source?

TIA.

Quick question... I have never done a meatloaf (or smoked ground meat of any kind), so wondering how much liquid comes out of one during the cooking process? I am thinking about the gravy. Did you do anything to get enough liquid base for the gravy, or is the gravy you show here largely from some other source?

TIA.

You would get about as much liquid as you would get if you fried the ground meat. Mostly just jelled grease. Not juice like from a brisket or pork butt. When I do brisket, chuck roast, other beef cuts, or pork butts, I always save some of the juice, put in the fridge overnight, then scrape off the fat on top. Then I mix some beef or other broth, then freeze it in ice cube trays. once frozen I put the cubes in a zip-loc bag and keep in the freezer. When I want to make gravy or need a little seasoning juice, I take out a couple cubes, thaw them and start from there.

TIA.

I let the drippings drip away and Glaze my Smoked Meatloafs with a 50/50 Ketchup/A1 mix for last 30-40 minutes. Peeps said he normally doesn't like glazed meatloaf but said he liked mine at the Bash. I do like Brown Gravy on Mestlaf but it's got to be low/no Ketchup in the Meatloaf mix. We are lazy and use Powder Mix or buy Gravy in a Jar like Spagetti Sauce.

Back