THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks. I seasoned it yesterday. Might smoke a chuckie tonight after work. That thing is like a smoke vault. Does not leak anywhere. Only smoke loss is from the exhaust as it exits. Very responsive to intake adjustments. Shuts down very quickly to save charcoal with intakes and exhaust closed. Very very happy so far.

I had to gurgle, that’s a good looking cooker!

So it’s a square UDS?

Much easier to disassemble when they put it together with screws. You can take 1-2 minutes and get the lid off to inspect the cooker before the driver gets away. No crow bars or saws needed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I did a naked fattie on it last night. Very easy to control temps. Flavor was excellent. It got to 170 IT in a little over an hour. Didn't have my Meater running so I just looked at the tel tru on the smoker and it was running between 290 and 300 on that and it is a couple inches below the top most grate location where I was cooking. So little over an hour and had plenty of smoke using B&B Hickory Lump charcoal and couple Hickory wood chunks.

Going to hang some ribs in it this weekend and may do a chuckie as well. I bought the half hanging rack and half cooking grate when I bought the smoker. So going to start the chuckie on the half and hang the the ribs after a few hours on the half hanging rack and hopefully both will finish roughly same time. Going to run between 275 and 290 which is about a little less than 1/4" opening on both intakes.

Much easier to disassemble when they put it together with screws. You can take 1-2 minutes and get the lid off to inspect the cooker before the driver gets away. No crow bars or saws needed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They did use screws. It may have been less than 30 minutes to get it out. They had it very well crated. They had 2x4's screwed down on the floor of it so it couldn't move in the crate one iota.

I got to see one of these at a local SCA comp the other day. The guy's young son cooked on it in the kid's cooking contest. It was pretty neat looking.

Hey HoytFlinger....looking forward to seeing your pics on your upcoming weekend cook on the Riptangle....until then let me wet the whistle on this rib cook I did on our Riptangle with the half rack and half rib rack..

Attachments

• riptangleribs.jpg
    riptangleribs.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 57
Back