Should I buy....

I have many smokers (notice I didn't say "too many"). My weber smokey mountains are my most used. They flat out cook and do it well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for spending my money. I’ll reach out tomorrow and hopefully snag it. Was planning on cutting my teeth with stick burning on ok joe during covid-cation, just went to Costco and bought prime packer, 2 pack butts, and 3 pack baby backs and St. Louis. Maybe need to take advantage of free time and learn 2 new cookers!

That’s what I’m afraid of... the ease of the pellet smoker and more flavor like stick burner. Should be good problem to have.

I know wrong group to ask... just picked up a free original ok joe from Craigslist a few weeks ago and got a 1/2 cord of oak/hickory. Better half said I have to get rid of one in order to get a new one. Not ditching GMG DB or 1/4 inch ok joe.... but will gladly ditch old ECB.

Oooookay... Always remember it’s better to ask for forgiveness than for permission...

#seewhatimsayin

New door, what else does this need based on ad? Intrigued by decked out WSM with fan but not sure all that’s in the budget... Will this thing do a decent job as is?

Yes. It will do an excellent job as is as far as I can tell from the picture.

So I missed out on the Craigslist WSM 22 find but scored a free WSM 22 today on Nextdoor App. I guess it all works out in the end. Picked up 8lb butt for my 1st WSM cook this week.

Got a bag of rockwood lump and kingsford prof. Which do you suggest for first run and how much, not sure I need 22 filled for 1 butt? I read briquettes are easier to maintain temp but I’ve always preferred flavor of lump. Got apple chunks, how many would you throw in?

Back