Traeger Flatrock

PnkPanther

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Adam
I did a search and didn't see anyone mention traegers new flattop

I took a look at it in person and compared to blackstone, it is much heftier and sturdy, but not sure it is worth the extra money

I am trying to decide if I want to buy a griddle or pizza oven, I think griddle will get more use TBH and of course shopping usual suspects

I think Camp Chef is currently in lead, but blackstone, new weber, and flatrock all intrigue me

(sorry I've been absent, I don't cook much in winter here in arctic of MN)

I have a Camp Chef flat top and absolutely love it. Gets a ton of use. Had a Blackstone before that and it was good but not great, IMO. Having cooked on flat tops for 10ish years now, my top 2 priorities are 1) Quality build. 2) Ability to handle wind. If either of these are lacking, especially #2, it kills it for me.

From what I know, if I had to buy today it would either be another Camp Chef or the new Traeger as both are built to handle wind.

I've been watching a lot of the Flat Top King on Youtube and he seems to like his. Seems like it has good heat distribution.

I just bought my blackstone, and probably still would for the price, but the Traeger is intriguing.

I have a Camp Chef flat top and absolutely love it. Gets a ton of use.

i have the camp chef FTG600 griddle/grill combo, and i second this. i got mine when it was on sale for $300, bought it forthe sole purpose of making hibachi at home, since it was costing us $100+ for the 3 of us each visit, and i make it WAY better and we get way more food for way less. never used the grill part tho(u just take off the griddle)

I have a Camp Chef flat top and absolutely love it. Gets a ton of use. Had a Blackstone before that and it was good but not great, IMO. Having cooked on flat tops for 10ish years now, my top 2 priorities are 1) Quality build. 2) Ability to handle wind. If either of these are lacking, especially #2, it kills it for me.

From what I know, if I had to buy today it would either be another Camp Chef or the new Traeger as both are built to handle wind.

Kind of what I am thinking, camp chef just looks much more sturdy. I had briefly considered Pit Boss, but don't think I want to deal with a ceramic cooktop

I'm in the same boat. Looking for a flat top, and i'm torn between the new Traeger or the Camp Chef 4 burner. Both look really good, the Camp Chef is time tested, but i like having 4 wheels since i move it around a lot, and its aesthetically better looking.

I'm currently in the market for a flat top also. I'm probably over researching it too!

All of the brands seem to get pretty good reviews. It seems like for a budget model, the Camp Chef, Char-Griller, and a Members Mark model from Sam's Club get pretty good reviews.

The newer, seemingly better built, but much more expensive Traeger, Halo, and Grilla Grills Primate seem to be good options at about double the price.

So I was at my local crack dealer and gave flatrock a second look but much more in depth. It's built like a tank and I'm very impressed. I took second look at pit boss but ceramic top still makes me nervous.

I think if I can get the ok from the boss I'll get traeger. I like shelves, very high quality, comes with a lid, and while I'm not 100% sure worth extra over camp chef, I know I regret higher end shelves, legs, etc

I saw the Traeger at my local Ace Hardware and it is nice. The Sam's Club Member Mark Pro fully stainless one is nice as well. I think Camp Chef has one that you can swap out the flat top for a pizza oven as well.

Stopped by the local ACE today to give a Flatrock a hard look.

Sold out, check back Tuesday…

Can’t keep them in stock, meanwhile, there’s a lot of Blackstones sitting there.

Picked one up yesterday, it is definitely built like a tank! Cant wait to get some good weather so i can whip up some redneck hibachi

Back