Shirley Doors

For my LSG Vertical Offset, I could not get the probe for my Blue Therm Duo through the hole. I had to take a step bit and open it up slightly. Then I found that the Bluetooth for the Duo sucks and didn't use it again...

I have bigger ones I bought at Ace Hardware if I run more than two probe through the port .

Hi So I guess I'm going to have to do it without thew rubber inserts.
Thanks DanB

no...on mine i unscrew the top, remove the rubber piece and slide the probes thru the metal piece and then thru the rubber piece and then thru the hole in the cooker. you have to put the probes in 1 at a time thru each piece. then you can put it all back together and tighten it up a little.

Probes

no...on mine i unscrew the top, remove the rubber piece and slide the probes thru the metal piece and then thru the rubber piece and then thru the hole in the cooker. you have to put the probes in 1 at a time thru each piece. then you can put it all back together and tighten it up a little.

Hi I think I tried doing it that way. My shirnk wrap may be the problem.
Going to try again tomorrow.
Thanks DanB

if you take the rubber piece out then the hole will expand and it should go through with no problem . :wink:

if you take the rubber piece out then the hole will expand and it should go through with no problem . :wink:

Yup. If I run probes I unscrew the cap take out the rubber piece and just run them in that way. Cap with some foil or don't. Not losing any heat really. I've never run them through the rubber stopper since it's just so easy to take them off. Not sure how many you can run through this was, but it is many.

I have thermoworks probes and they have a really long bend in them. I take the whole probe insert out.never noticed smoke coming out.

Tight Latches

Jason I saw in your Shirley Fab. vedio that your doors were tight fitting and you were going to loosen them up when you go home.
My pit door latch and firebox latch are tight, I was hoping that after time they would get better. How do I get them to work better/loser.
Buy tight I mean when I'm trying to close the doors other wise the latches move ok
Thanks Dan

Dan, my doors got looser with time. After a few cooks, they open/close without issue. When I bought it, You really had to put your back into it to get them closed, but its super easy now (and no leaks..)

the latches have a nut you can loosen...unless i am misunderstanding something. my fb door latch is still really tight but i am just too lazy to go to the garage and get my sockets and loosen it. i only open/close it when i start the fire up or clean it out. i throw my sticks in thru the intakes.

the latches have a nut you can loosen...unless i am misunderstanding something. my fb door latch is still really tight but i am just too lazy to go to the garage and get my sockets and loosen it. i only open/close it when i start the fire up or clean it out. i throw my sticks in thru the intakes.

The latches move OK, it is just when trying to close, I have to put a lot of pressure on them. Tried loosening the nut,didn't help with the closing. Maybe like Shagdog said after time they will loosen up.
Thanks Dan

I was told to add/remove washers to make the adjustment you are talking about.

Doors

Hi All Must be the weather, the doors seem to be working much better today.:laugh: Can't wait to get it out of the garage and the fire it up.
Man this thing is built!!!!
DanB

I want to see it in action, talked to Tyler this morning about a 36", still going back and forth between this and a Insulated Cabinet, but if I keep my WSM I have days covered when I can't tend to a fire.

My wife may farkin kill me though :shock:

I want to see it in action, talked to Tyler this morning about a 36", still going back and forth between this and a Insulated Cabinet, but if I keep my WSM I have days covered when I can't tend to a fire.

My wife may farkin kill me though :shock:

Hi I'm waiting for my rubs to come then I can fire it up, and post.

DanB

Back