Shirley Doors

Yep. On the round chamber, the top shelf is smaller than the bottom one because of the way the pipe curves. On the cabinet doors, that is squared off to accommodate flat doors. The result it that the top and bottom shelves are almost identical.

I went with the cabinet doors, but I've had a little issue with leaking from the bottom of the cabinet doors. You can see where it seals, the gasket is still white......where it doesn't seal......it is dirty. Tyler was great about sending a thicker seal, I replaced it but still have the leakage. I have not pushed it.......it puts out great BBQ! I probably need to go with a even thicker gasket or somehow try doubling up. It doesn't leak at the top where the lock is.....only the bottom. No big deal to me.......but I do need to address down the road!

I've never heard of anyone else having this issue!

Doors

Hi All I'm going with the cabinet doors. Like the easy opening of them, plus you can open one at time.
Thanks DanB

PS I have a shipper booked for the 1st week in March.He will be close to Tuscaloosa and he delivers antique furniture so I think the smoker will arrive in good shape.

Doors

Hi All Can anything be placed on top of a smoker with cabinet doors, or does it get really hot up there?
Thanks DanB

It gets pretty warm. I wouldn't leave a plastic cutting board on there indefinitely, but I have put them up there for a few minutes without issue. I would guess the steel gets up to the low 200s maybe? I will shoot it with my laser therm this weekend and report back.

I am waiting on mine but as I understand it, the flat part on top is a good place to keep things warm, just have to be careful not to scratch that beautiful smoker

Hi All Can anything be placed on top of a smoker with cabinet doors, or does it get really hot up there?
Thanks DanB

I would definitely get the cabinet doors. Its cheaper to do it right the first time!:oops:

Thanks DanB

it's hot enough that i don't leave my mavericks up there in direct contact with the top. i either place them on a small piece of wood or hang them from the exhaust stack handle.

Doors

it's hot enough that i don't leave my mavericks up there in direct contact with the top. i either place them on a small piece of wood or hang them from the exhaust stack handle.

Hi Guess I gotta find spots for my Mavericks.
Where are your probe ports located?I was having 2 put on sides of the chamber.
Thanks Dan

As mentioned above, many great reasons to get the cabinet doors: safety, weight, ease, comfort, space, height. If you can afford it, you can't go wrong with it. I'm going with them also for my build that's coming.

Hi Guess I gotta find spots for my Mavericks.
Where are your probe ports located?I was having 2 put on sides of the chamber.
Thanks Dan

my ports are on on the top of the cook chamber in each corner.

Do you guys use Mavericks to get remote readings on chamber temps or just for the meat?

i have 2 mavericks depending on how lazy i am feeling i may do both. i use them mainly for cook chamber temps because i can't be sitting next to the smoker at all times.

my ports are on on the top of the cook chamber in each corner.
i have 2 mavericks depending on how lazy i am feeling i may do both. i use them mainly for cook chamber temps because i can't be sitting next to the smoker at all times.

Hi I just tried to get my Mavericks probes thru the probe holes, had to take out the rubber insert, in order to get them thru..Does that seem right?
Looks like the rubber inserts are designed to keep the heat and smoke in?
Thanks Dan
PS My Maverick probes have shrink wrap tubing on them to keep water out.
Just might be causing the problem

Back