THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It will show up 3rd week in Feb, when my shipper is in the area.

Only opitions so far, 1 probe hole on each side of the cooker.
Any other opitions I should be considering?
Smoker is on the smaller side 24 x 36

Thanks DanB
PS I got a shipping quote I can live with.

Warmer and insulated fb. I have noticed the ones with the insulated fb sell quicker if you ever need to sell it. Glad you got the shipping figured out.

It will show up 3rd week in Feb, when my shipper is in the area.

Only opitions so far, 1 probe hole on each side of the cooker.
Any other opitions I should be considering?
Smoker is on the smaller side 24 x 36

Thanks DanB
PS I got a shipping quote I can live with.

since the cooker is short you get away with one port because you can fit three wires through one and a small shelf on the end to hold your thermometer would be awesome to have .

Opitions

Warmer and insulated fb. I have noticed the ones with the insulated fb sell quicker if you ever need to sell it. Glad you got the shipping figured out.

Don't think the Maverick probe wires are long enough for just 1 probe hole.

Hi Any of these would put me over budget.
Thanks DanB

Don't think the Maverick probe wires are long enough for just 1 probe hole.

Hi Any of these would put me over budget.
Thanks DanB

i like the ss tables but they don't really add any functionality but they sure make cleanup easy and they look sharp. what about an ash pan? all the options that come to my mind are for the trailer model.

Buddy had a 528" HEMI shipped from PA to AZ....crated weight was right at 750 pounds.....under $300 using FedEx freight

I checked FedEx when I was getting my Shirley shipped out here to AZ and they were over $1k. I was able to get it delivered to the house for $600 with WESTAM Transport. Top notch shippers.

Hi All Here is where I stand on the options.
two Probe holes on the pit cabinet.
two temp guages on the pit door.

DanB

Being 36" wide you could probably do a single temp gauge on the door, but since they're not that much, why not 2. :biggrin1:

Shipping

Hi I got a U-ship quote for 550. The shipper is going to be in Shirley's area 3rd week of Feb.
Yeah 2 probe holes makes sense.
Thanks DanB

Last edited:
Shipping

Hi I got a U-ship quote for 550. The shipper is going to be in Shirley's area 3rd week of Feb.
Yeah 2 probe holes makes sense.
Thanks DanB

Hi All Looks like my quote for 550 is not working out.. Back to square one for me as far shipping goes.
Well at least have some time to figure the shipping out.
DanB

I was about to say.. If you haven't ordered yet you aren't even close to getting it in Feb. There is a 6 month wait going. (I'm in my 6 month now)

DanB, sorry for not replying earlier. I used an independent shipper I got a contact from. I don't believe I have the info anymore. The Shirley IMO is well worth the price of admission compared to a Lang. The quality is amazing. I believe I paid around 7-800$ for shipping and was super happy with the price. I basically will have the smoker for a good chunk of my life, so the money spent was a moot point. PM me if you have anymore questions. My inbox is clear.

Shipping

Hi All Anyone use this shipping Co. for delivery of there Shirley?
JZ Expedited Logistics
If so how did it go?
Lastrajm: ur smoker is much bigger then mine.
Thanks DanB

Averitt Freight might be more competitive than a logistics guy. I ship drill bits all over the country for $90 - $150 for 500 - 1000 lbs. on a pallet. Except for shipments to NY and NJ. Cost is double - I think the unions have something to do with that. Part of your cost is the boxing/pallet expense.
I searched the Shirley website and facebook page and could not find a picture of a 24 x 36 patio.
What do they look like?

Averitt Freight might be more competitive than a logistics guy. I ship drill bits all over the country for $90 - $150 for 500 - 1000 lbs. on a pallet. Except for shipments to NY and NJ. Cost is double - I think the unions have something to do with that. Part of your cost is the boxing/pallet expense.
I searched the Shirley website and facebook page and could not find a picture of a 24 x 36 patio.
What do they look like?

Hi The JZ Expedited Logistics price wasn't that bad 589.Will give Averitt Freight a look..Thx
My Smoker is a 24 x 36 round type smoker, if u go to Shirley's FB page and scroll down to the date of Oct 14 and look for Mike Fiesta model.
DanB
PS I also had it listed on U Ship, getting quotes for 1,000

Hi All Anyone use this shipping Co. for delivery of there Shirley?
JZ Expedited Logistics
If so how did it go?
Lastrajm: ur smoker is much bigger then mine.
Thanks DanB

I'd be happy with anything the range of 5-800$ to ship the smoker with a piece of mind. You can also check out lip smackin smokers, they have an outlet in Elizabeth that sell the horizon smokers.

Shipping

I'd be happy with anything the range of 5-800$ to ship the smoker with a piece of mind. You can also check out lip smackin smokers, they have an outlet in Elizabeth that sell the horizon smokers.

Hi My order for a Shirley is already in. Shipping with a piece of mind is the big question. Already checked out the Elizabeth site.
Hopefully I won't have to go thru any snow like you did:grin:
Thanks DanB

Shipping

Hi All I'm getting some good quotes from Fed Ex LTL. Any body use them?
Question any body know what the term "dry van" means?
Thanks DanB
This shipping thing is a Major PIA:doh:

A Very Happy New Year To ALL!!

Back