Shack Attack BBQ Sauce Recipe

I always have a batch of this in the fridge. Just splashed some on collard greens with dinner yesterday. I’ve had a batch for as long as a year (it got lost in the back of the fridge) and it was still delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great find! :clap: Thanks bbqgeekess!

uc

I made up a batch of this a couple weeks ago to try it out and it's really good. I happened to use it as a dip for rib tips yesterday and I suddenly realized it tastes a lot like Famous Dave's Southside sauce. That's what they serve with their rib tips in the restaurant. Southside is thicker than this sauce but according to the ingredients list it shares a lot of the same ingredients but adds rich & sassy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and a few other things. Anyway, I always loved the Southside on rib tips so I'm excited to get that same flavor at home.

Last edited:
I made it this past weekend for pulled pork. I used Crystal hot sauce and fine grind white pepper since we were out of black.

I found it to be way too vinegar flavored for me, to the point I did not want to use it. I then made a left turn tweak and added the following. It was awesome.

3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbs onion powder
3 tbs Worcestershire sauce

I made it this past weekend for pulled pork. I used Crystal hot sauce and fine grind white pepper since we were out of black.

I found it to be way too vinegar flavored for me, to the point I did not want to use it. I then made a left turn tweak and added the following. It was awesome.

3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbs onion powder
3 tbs Worcestershire sauce

I've found you can cut a super sweet very popular store bought sauce with shack sauce and it's not half bad

Back