THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saw a reference to Shack Attack in a thread about low carb sauce. Researching it I came across this thread. Deserves a bump for the new guys.

I'm gonna try this soon!

Yep, no sugar in this stuff. So sweet sauce fans beware. But boy is it gooooodd!!! Need to let it mellow for at least a week for the best flavor. Which reminds me, I need to make another batch. This is one of the few sauce recipes that I bother to make.

As a big fan of vinegar based sauces, I can’t believe this thread started over five years ago, and I only saw it for the first time today. I did a search for sugar free BBQ sauces and found a thread that linked to this.

I will definitely be making a batch of this to have around the house and may use this as the base for my daily ACV-based morning drink.

I decided to reply to give others that haven’t seen this yet the chance to do so. I know I’m glad to have found it.

Looks great for those of us who have to stay away from sugar, gona make a batch in the near future. Thanks for bringing it back to the surface.:thumb:

Replace the paprika in the recipe with cayenne and you have Tidewater Thin instead of Shack Attack. Might try that when I make the next batch.

My wife won't eat Pulled Pork without it, and panics when we get low. Kind of the same way she is with butter, lol.

I just mixed up our first batch and put it in the fridge for a few days to meld together. Should be just about perfect when the household is healthy again.

Sometimes I make pulled pork so I can make some Shack Attack :thumb:

Amen

1 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce
1 Tablespoon (TBS) Paprika
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt
2 TBS Yellow Mustard (French)

Some variations I’ve tried
Jack Daniels
Vodka
Red wine
Ketchup
BBQ sauce
Beer lite and dark
Texas Pete’s and multiple others
BBQ Rubs
Oil
Others

Last edited:
Amen

1/4 cup water
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt

Some variations I’ve tried
Jack Daniels
Vodka
Red wine
Ketchup
BBQ sauce
Beer lite and dark
Texas Pete’s and multiple others
BBQ Rubs
Oil
Others

Which variations were successful and which were not?

With nearly 300 replies and 6 active years you got to figure this stuff is good. Been making it since the beginning and have a bottle on hand most all the time. Good on much more than pork.

Here are my variations from the original recipe. Measurements are the same.

Huy Fung Sriracha
Smoked paprik
Dijon mustard

No matter how you make it, it's all good. Just took a shot of it. It really wakes up the taste buds.

Made this for the first time and used chipotle instead of Paprika and hot and sweet mustard instead of yellow. Came out awesome. I added some to a bowl of brisket chilli and it really took it up a notch. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Maldon Sea Salt...now that I've heard of. I'm not sure I'd use Maldon Sea Salt. It's really classified as a finishing salt, some even think it's better than Fluer de Sel. But I'll see if I can come up with a conversion. The much smaller salt flakes make it a little harder to figure out.

Go by weight. Weigh out a tbs of table salt, then measure the same weight of what you want to use, Maldon, and there is your conversion.

Here is a delicious version of an old VA BBQ sauce inspired by a VA BBQ man named Shack. I drink this stuff straight, that's how good it is. It has no sugar in it, so sweet sauce fans may want to stay away.

1/4 cup water
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt

Mix well, let sit for at least 24 to 48 hours before serving for best results. I blend it in my Ninja, that's why it's about 16 ounces total.

picture.php
delicious AND sugar free:clap2::clap2:

Back