Seafood Pizza

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I hadn't made one of these in awhile and this was the first pizza of the year on the Blackstone.
I went with a shrimp, crab, lobster, scallop pizza.

Some of the ingredients..

OWmzfzS.jpg

hWc51HX.jpg

sizMunI.jpg

I sliced some of the shrimp in half and sliced a couple of scallops. They were pretty big.

2Z9a5h1.jpg

Poached them in smoked garlic butter...

https://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2021/03/cold-smoking-and-canning-butter.html

8BMY0OP.jpg

5QRFAad.jpg

Cubed the lobster meat and shredded some of the crablegs..

wNIfoBz.jpg

I made a sauce with the shrimp and scallop smoked poaching butter...
added seasonings, red pepper flakes, lemon pepper, and a bit of flour to thicken.

9LyD3by.jpg

FKRZOSL.jpg

Used my usual pizza crust recipe...
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup warm water
1 pkg yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt

Stretched the dough out by hand. It usually looks like Texas or Louisiana. :doh:

Spread with the sauce, topped with the smoked butter poached scallop slices first..

uyASkdm.jpg

Then the lobster cubes and poached shrimp...

IwmEiye.jpg

The crab and a bit of cheese, a few tomatoes next...

zlnlkef.jpg

into the blackstone...

38i0IMv.jpg

E0YEqSb.jpg

The dough seemed to bubble a lot, but I was ok with it.

oN54xPp.jpg

EKl0gwx.jpg

6vYfEeF.jpg

QGzsfDy.jpg

j1Pm0LM.jpg

It was a gooey, garlicy, smoked buttery, seafoody comfort pizza. lol

I was happy with how it turned out, guess that's all that really matters! :grin:

Thanks for looking!

I'd eat it! If I would look at it first glance didn't know what it was but it was a pizza.. it def would throw me off.. but present it to me and explain to me what it is.. I bet it was pretty darn good!

Now this is a post to wake up to. Absolutely amazing looking.

Only thing that could top this is of you told us you went scalloping and caught your own.

That is something that I never would have thought of, but that's why I'm glad that there are so many creative cooks on here, someone will. Everything looks amazing and delicious!

That looks awesome, Jeanie… Bubbles = air pockets of goodness! :eusa_clap

G'mornin' Lady J! That's some pretty FARKTASTIC pizza! I would DEFINITELY fight somebody to get ahold of that 'za!!! I hope you and yours (and the critters!) are all doing well!!!

Looks delicious! Makes my blackened shrimp tacos we made for dinner last night look inadequate! Great cook as always Jeanie!

I've thought about seafood pizza but had a hard time figuring how and what to use for topping. I think I will try the scallops on one to see. Nice pie Jeanie.

Back