THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RDOwens

Knows what a fatty is.
So, I have wanted brisket the last few weeks, but our schedule would not permit the cook; we have just been so busy!

Yesterday I picked up a 10.5 lbs. choice packer from the butcher. I trimmed it this morning and then injected with Butcher BBQ Prime brisket injection. I let it sit for a three and a half hours or so.

I fired up the WSM with RO along with two small hickory and one small apple chunks. I rubbed s&p all over.

Onto the smoker it went. About 3.75 hours later I wrapped it in hd foil. Forty-five minutes or so later I brought it into the kitchen and separated the flat and point. The flat went back onto the smoker (interestingly, I began debating that preposition. It seems to me those who use WSMs say "onto" while others say "into". Cocktails have been flowing.)

Forty-five minutes later the flat came off and rested for an hour. The point, cubed now for burnt ends, went back on. I made a No. 5 sauce for the burnt ends that will go on in a half hour or so.

Sliced the flat. Bend and pull tests were good. Loved the bark. My wife, who doesn't fawn over brisket, enjoyed it and came back for seconds. :)

It's always nice when the brisket satisfies!

25809822991_47af80a696_z.jpg

25881722216_3c1288939e_z.jpg

25820770931_851cf62284_z.jpg

25889841506_cc36c5c828_z.jpg

Looks good!
Must be Brisket Saturday I done brisket today also,but got surprised.
7lb flat @ 260 and it took 11 hours. Longest time for just a flat for me.

Looks good! Love that smoke ring. Looks awesome. Must be a brisket day as I am smoking one as well. I doubt mine will look that good. Brisket is a rare treat in our house. Only if it is a small Wal-Mart packed or on discount do we have it.
I love the pics. What kind of camera do you use?

I tried butcher bbq prime injection today for the 1st time. I was practicing for an upcoming comp, so wanted to give it a run. What are your thoughts about it? I thought I could taste a difference in the brisket, maybe a saltier taste. Not sure I prefer it to non injected brisket for personal consumption, but didn't have any complaints either.

I got it because I was not being real successful with my briskets and it was recommended. I like it all right, but frankly, I don't think it's needed. I still have some left so I use it.

Back