Saturday Cooking Brisket & Butts on.......charcoal w/drums??

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Ok so tomorrow I'm cooking on not just one, but 2 "charcoal drums" I apparently have but forget about in my backyard :becky:. Our really close friends had their 4th kid :shocked::twitch:......and to "celebrate" I'm cooking them some meat for easy meals.

Wish me luck as they don't see a ton of action. Thawed one of the steal briskets I got from Kroger and froze months back and ran out to get a couple butts today. Will put the brisket on one and butts on the other. I could probably fit it all one one drum, but I'm feeling dangerous :caked:.

Pulled out some 2yr old western lump I scored at a Walmart clearance sale years back and got em prepped today for the cook tomorrow. I had to buy some wood chunks too :twitch:. More to come.......

h0ONqODl.jpg

lZJ6rc4l.jpg

J5cP7U9l.jpg

vycON4sl.jpg

Ought to be a good day Jason, you need to keep your clubs from laying around the lawn.

I see right through your plan... brisket from the freezer, two year old lump...you are just cleaning out and making space for new stuff, all under the guise of being Mr. Nice Guy. :heh: I know because I do the same myself.
Call me when it's ready and I'll do a quality check before you give it to your friends.

I see right through your plan... brisket from the freezer, two year old lump...you are just cleaning out and making space for new stuff, all under the guise of being Mr. Nice Guy. :heh: I know because I do the same myself.
Call me when it's ready and I'll do a quality check before you give it to your friends.
Man I got lucky all those briskets got shifted to my vertical freezer. Had some in my garage fridges freezer and that thing died last weekend. That fridge was probably 10yrs old when I got it and I had it for another 8.

My alarm let me know it was getting hot luckily so saved the random crap I had in it

So long story short (too late) my kitchen fridge is now my garage fridge and we got a french door one for the inside.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Back