Kroger Brisket $1.99lb: July 23' GA Edition

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Well it's that time of year again for Kroger to have a baller brisket sale. I'm not good for much anymore so I figured I'm come out of the shadows after I saw this weekly ad :-D.

It reminded me of the sale they had last year in April that I posted and ended up buying 10 :becky:. I actually just went to the freezer as I still have one whole one left dated April of last year. Luckily they freeze well.
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297810

Anyways I'll swing out today and see what they have. Clearly I don't cook 10 in a calendar year so will get less this go round :twitch:

iF055ISl.jpg

PGBtiB6l.jpg

D7Ddbrtl.jpg

It's not enough to have to have their card, now it's with
digital coupon also.

Screw Kroger.

Snagged one 15lber today. They had a few other decent ones, but I'll be picky with 6 days of sale left.

7TAhAWbl.jpg

Tomorrow I cook one that I bought on the last 1.99 sale. Friday I'll grind the other.

Might be time to get more even though I have three Walmart briskets in the freezer.

Yeah I'm similar. I normally put some non standard flavor on them. Love doing a taco seasoned brisket. And last year of the 10 I got I corned probably 6 of them.

I dunno if you heard, but Oakridge went out of business and no longer sells black ops.

It's not enough to have to have their card, now it's with
digital coupon also.

Screw Kroger.

I will say they do make it more difficult. And the game here is 1 transaction only. So once you use the coupon you can't get it again. Which they've done before and is why I have a few accounts.

No sales on brisket here. Still $5.99/lb at the local kroger affiliate. :cry:

Our local supermarket had 1.99 brisket a few weeks ago. I only grabbed two, but probably should have done more; I've already used one up!

They are worth that to just buy and grind for burger but I am not going the digital/app route.

I have zero freezer space.
5 cubic foot chest freezer
Beer Fridge Top Freezer
Kitchen side by side freezer
All full

No brisket sales at 3500 feet but my chest freezer was holding four. Just moved a 13.5#er to the bottom of beer fridge for a slow thaw. If I was needing burger, which I don't, Id buy some of those on sale brisket and grind the flat and smoke the point.

But I am embarrassingly over stocked on truly quality meats from two local processors. I need to use up a large amount what I already have regardless of sale pricing.

Wife found the ad last night, we bought 8 last year and gifted a few and ground some of them for burger, brisket burger steaks are great imo

Got 5 more yesterday and that will probably be enough. I bought 10 last year and still have a few that I've corned in the freezer so 6 should be enough for the rest of this year.......maybe......hard to turn down a sale :icon_blush:

ZNkdlbwl.jpg

I went shopping last night for some, my Kroger had the ad up, but no briskets in sight. Going to try my luck again tonight.

Back