THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I agree with the poster that said Plowboys Yardbird for chicken. Although it's a good all purpose rub for most things.

You probably won't go wrong with any of those. I am probably going to try Kosmos next. I have Oakridge right now and I have never tried the others. Oakridge is some of the best I have had.

Oakridge (Santa Maria, Carne Crosta, Secret Weapon, HDD, Black Ops) + Plowboys Yardbird for chicken. I keep going back to all of that.

have all those. I used to make my own rubs, and still do with SPOG. But as far as anything more complicated? Buying is worth it to me to get the consistency of flavor and quality from Oakridge or the like. Less hassle. I'd rather play with fire.

So I went ahead and went with Kosmo q rub. I got 1 pound each of their SPG, dirty bird, cow cover, and killer honey bee rub. If those turn out good I’ll order more and try out their wing dust

Won't be upset with those.

I'm not brand loyal and get variety from different providers, but Kosmos's has been of of my favorites. I think all of my fav's have been mentions

Kosmos, Oakridge, Dizzy Pig.

I'm not as high on plowboys as some

Malcom Reed All purpose rub is solid

My favorites are:

Anything from Oakridge.
Plowboys Yardbid for pork and chicken.
I tried some Kosmos Q (Dirty bird hot) that I really liked so I will have to get more.
I recently tried Blues Hog Original Dry Rub and that's another great rub.

Back