iyo taco vs chili

Itsdone

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
bob
In your opinion what is the difference between taco seasoning vs chili seasonings. Both contain chile powders, cumin, and others spices. So what makes the distinction that you could say, this is taco seasoning, and this is chili seasonings?

What made me make this thread is i went freezer diving for hot dog chili and i can't tell if the vacuum package i made is leftover hot dog chili or left over taco meat. lol

Where’s Adams?

I get a ‘heavier’ taste from chili seasoning over taco seasoning.
Looking at a taco seasoning packet, it just says and ‘other spices’. Would be nice to see exactly what’s in them.

Where’s Adams?

I get a ‘heavier’ taste from chili seasoning over taco seasoning.
Looking at a taco seasoning packet, it just says and ‘other spices’. Would be nice to see exactly what’s in them.

I think Adams response would be Fritos and beans.
Jokes aside. Do you think chili seasoning is "heavier" because it usually asks for more ingredients to be added?

Not sure. Taco seasoning has ‘other spices’. What are they, Lime, cilantro?

Not sure. Taco seasoning has ‘other spices’. What are they, Lime, cilantro?

I think that is more southwest seasoning. One of my favorite was Weber Carne Asada seasoning. I don't think they make it any more.
EDIT: Seems Weber still makes it, but Walmart in my area doesn't carry it anymore.
Weber-Carne-Asada-Seasoning-5-25-oz-Shaker_0eca5c1e-d414-4834-be7f-6d5682ac3b80.1a67d68b934caf15902c8582387f3e9e.jpeg

Don't forget about Fajita seasoning. I think it runs a close third.

Good question, I don't know. But the web has lots of pages on the subject, two of which read chili has more chili powder and paprika, and taco has more cumin, but they share the same list of ingredients.

Back