THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HabitualSmoker

Knows what a fatty is.
Not sure if this is a universal deal for Walmart or just local (I went to a southern Mass Walmart for those in the area) but I found 17.6# bags of Royal Oak lump on sale for $9.94 each

IMG_0063.jpg

I stocked up and grabbed 5 bags, as many as I could fit in the cart :mrgreen: There were 15# bags mixed in too so I made sure to check that I had the bigger bags and was ready to show this picture to the cashier if they didn't ring up as the correct price, but they did! Cheapest RO I've found in a while.

I looked online for the deal but didn't see anything so it may just be in certain stores. Worth a check though if you find yourself in Walmart

I found a similar sale 2 years ago. I guess Walmart does this every year.

That's my favorite lump. I went to our local Walmart, which is about 2/3's of the way thru becoming a Super Walmart, and they had NO Royal Oak. I think they had every type of Kingsford made, and one or two I had never seen before. They had some Cowboy lump, tried that. Seemed like they had a lot more big hunks of wood, and far less small stuff. To the point that I had a lot of open space in there. I wondered how it would effect the burn time and temp. Well, it burned hotter, had to shut one intake off on my UDS, but the lump last thru the cook no problem. Seemed decent enough, but I'll know more one I get further into the bag.

I checked online, it said zero in stock. Went to wally's and bought a couple bags. (they had pallets) It was not on sale, that was the regular price that was posted on their card.

Heading out to Academy to look at the single Old Country Smokehouse they just got in today. Might as well hit Walmart up on the way...

Thanks for the heads up!

Found 4 bags @ local Wally World with no price.
Checked out @ &9.94 per bag.
Good deal guys.
Thanks.

Thanks for the tip....which Walmart was this?
Fall River :thumb:

Can't believe this is their regular price right now :shocked: makes me think, maybe they'll have an even further reduced price later in the winter/early spring before "grill season" really gets into full swing here in the northeast

Back