B&B Charcoal Sale~!

GammaRei

Full Fledged Farker
A friend of mine sent this to me. Looks like walmart is having itself a sale on some charcoal. I dont know if anyone here uses the B&B brand. I personally like Kingsford or wood. I have used the B&B Competition coals before, burned great but were a one use item as they turned to dust if attempted to relight for a second use. Anyways the link follows.

https://slickdeals.net/f/17069122-b-b-charcoal-17-6-lb-oak-charcoal-briquets-9-97?utm_source=android_app&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=external+share

Yes the link is safe, if anyone doubts it. My friend showed me this site and their app on the iPhone and now I cant stop looking at it. I have ordered so many dang tools because of the flash sales. Tools I dont need yet. . . . Jack stands. . . Fishing rods. . .

- G

That's Academy's every day price. Then get an Academy credit card and it knocks 5% off that, gets it down to $9.50.

I use these in my PK grill exclusively for SCA steaks. Good deal and I dont have to drive an hour to get them. Free shipping and next day delivery. Thanks for posting.

Well I just picked up an Oklahoma Joe Bronco and Weber 22" kettle off of FB Marketplace to teach both of my HS BBQ comp teams how to cook on drums and kettles. Just ordered 2 bags for drive by pickup! Thanks. :mrgreen:
2023-11-13-004.jpg

2023-11-13-011.jpg

Hmmmm, I have to say that so far I’m disappointed with this charcoal. Maybe B&B has changed the formula of these briquettes but I can’t get a clean smoke out of these in my drum. I did a test fire last night & noted some whisks of white smoke regardless how long it burned & the distinct smell of dirty smoke. I unfortunately didn’t have a choice & had to fire more up this morning for the turkey & even running at 325 there’s still faint whisks of white smoke & dirty smoke smell. I’m super sensitive to dirty smoke so for me this might ruin the turkey, no one else will probably notice it but I smell it every time I go outside to the smoker. Boo, looks like I bought 5 bags of dirty smoke, let’s hope they at least grill better than smoke.

B&B is either out of reach or too expensive here in Southern California. I like the Academy price, but when I added 4 bags to the cart, shipping was calculated to be $96. Ace Hardware has B&B sometimes but it's usually the 8.8lb bag for $13. The more affordable options in my area are the twin packs of either Cowboy or Kingsford charcoal.

Back