What is the best sale of the year on charcoal these days?

Here's the response from Cowboy Charcoal:

"We’re sorry, we’re not offering coupons at this time. You can get access to special offers and promotions via email throughout the year by signing up for our newsletter. Please let us know if you’d like us to add you. You can also access exclusive offers when you like us on Facebook or follow @duraflame on Instagram."

I told them to go ahead and add me to the email list and that I'd check them out on Facebook.

The current wallyworld price on the 2 x 20lb bags of Cowboy is one of the best deals in a while. Stock up.

The cowboy briqs are some of the best performing and nicest smelling briquettes since Stubb's.

The only drawback is that they smoke a bit more upon first lighting.

For those who like lump charcoal, Amazon has the Masterbuilt lump for 9.99 for a 16lb bag and I think Home Depot has a deal for 2 x 16 lb bags for about $18.

It smells and performs similar to the Jealous Devil, at about half the price.

I'm currently sitting on about 150 lbs of various brands, but always on the lookout for a deal.

Thanks everyone I just ended up buying 4 bags each of the Masterbuilt Lump (from Amazon) and the Cowboy Briquettes (from Walmart)

Bought them on Sams club and Amazon gift cards I bought at a 10% discount. Also used Rakuten to order from walmart so getting an extra 1% off for 11% off the cowboy :)

All delivered to my doorstep for freeeeee. :)

($9.99 per bag of Masterbuilt and $17.92 per two 20lb bags of briquettes.)

(I used to get Ozark Trail lump for $3.79 for 10lbs at local grocer back years ago until they went out of business.. they made the best lump in the nation.)

The Masterbuilt stuff is pretty dense. That's one of the many reasons I like it. I think it holds up better to shipping and handling, and throttling the air vents up and down throughout a cook. It also has a fairly robust, sweet, woodsy smell.

$9.99 for a 16lb bag is a great deal, these days. I was happily paying $15 for it a month ago on Amazon. I think it's normal price is $22.

I'm going to grab some cowboy and see how it goes. I've been KBB solely for 3 or 4 years now. Would stock up big on the sales, but my supply is gone now.

I used to use lump, but i found the KBB to be more consistent burning. But it sure makes a lot of ash.

I just started using my first bag of Cowboy from Wal-mart and so far it has been pretty good. Also, the size of the charcoal is way larger than KBB.

Just got my Cowboy Briquettes delivered to me (for free) from Walmart. One of the bags had a rip in the side so I had to use some packing tape on it, then went around it a few times with cling wrap.

uc

I just got another 2 bags (32 lbs) of the MB from Amazon, and 4 bags (80lbs) of Cowboy from Wallyworld.

The cowboy works out to about .50 cents a pound after tax and free shipping if I buy 2 x 2 packs. I haven't seen prices like that on anything in years.

Now I have well over 200lbs on hand. I need an intervention. I need to stop hoarding and start cooking!

Dang Rakuten gave me back $1.08 for that $38 in Cowboy Briquettes purchased at Walmart. Around 2.5-3% back. So I got 10% back by using a sams gift card, then the 3%.. so 13% back.

(The reason the sams gift card is 10% back is because I used my Discover It Cashback card to purchase it at sams with 5% back.. first year of Discover It Cashback is double cash rewards, so 10% cashback. Sams gift cards work at Walmart and vice versa.)

For those buying the twin pack of cowboy is it from Walmart directly? Only twin packs I can find online are from a seller supposedly located in China but selling through Walmart online.

For those buying the twin pack of cowboy is it from Walmart directly? Only twin packs I can find online are from a seller supposedly located in China but selling through Walmart online.

I ordered from Walmart and it was at my door the next day, from a local Walmart delivery guy.

on cowboys Q&A page it actually states these ARE Stubbs briquettes just under a different branding

They use the same equipment and same binder, but I think that their source material has changed a bit. Stubb's was a superior product, but it has been off the market for well over 5 years. Cowboy is the closest I can get. And I've tried nearly every briquette available in North America.

They share the same pros and cons. Slow to light. Very smokey at first until they settle down. Great longevity, and a nice woodsy smell with no chemical odor at all. Relatively low ash. Great performance overall. They don't poop out on longer cooks and they don't mind starting hot, then going low, then ramping back to hot for a sear without crumbling into dust like most natural briqs.

And it's usually very expensive and nearly impossible to find in my parts, so this current pricing is amazing.

Now, where do I put 100lbs of this stuff? Lol

I am sitting on at least a half a ton of charcoal:
(16) 14lb. bags of Stubbs
(15) 20lb. bags of Weber
(10) 20lb. bags of Cowboy
(10) 17.6lb. bags of B & B
(13) Bags of Kingsford

Back