THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'd like to speak out at that slur that this is in some way evidence of Shaggie being a home brewer.
There is no way he keeps alcohol steeping in his house long enough to be a brewer...bless his sweet heart!!!

He is like...an Aussie from a past life!!!

:laugh:

Hit the nail on the head, Buccs. Although home brewing would save me a small fortune in beer costs, and probably cause the collapse of a few breweries, I do not make beer. I couldn't ever wait around that long ..

can you get a premade drying chamber anywhere?

I honestly don't know. A quick google search of "dry curing chamber" came of with a few things under shopping, but nothing under $1000. This probably cost us $160 total in building costs. They do sell ready made, plug and play temp and humidity controllers, but they cost over 100 bucks a piece. I know a few guys on here use them, they could probably recommend one for you.

Nice work I know what I am doing this weekend.
Awesome! If you have any questions, give a shout. Can't wait to see some pictures! :thumb:

Not smoked, but here's my Aussie snags...

beef+sausages+7.jpg

beef+sausages+8.jpg

beef+sausages+10.jpg

Matt

Richard is putting out some quality product.. Here's the latest. Sopprasetta stuffed in beef middle casings. Len Poli's recipe. This is about 35% moisture loss. Cut one open at 30 and I wasn't happy with the texture so I let em ride a little longer. 35% was money.

Last edited:
Back