I'd like to speak out at that slur that this is in some way evidence of Shaggie being a home brewer.
There is no way he keeps alcohol steeping in his house long enough to be a brewer...bless his sweet heart!!!

He is like...an Aussie from a past life!!!

:laugh:

Hit the nail on the head, Buccs. Although home brewing would save me a small fortune in beer costs, and probably cause the collapse of a few breweries, I do not make beer. I couldn't ever wait around that long ..

can you get a premade drying chamber anywhere?

I honestly don't know. A quick google search of "dry curing chamber" came of with a few things under shopping, but nothing under $1000. This probably cost us $160 total in building costs. They do sell ready made, plug and play temp and humidity controllers, but they cost over 100 bucks a piece. I know a few guys on here use them, they could probably recommend one for you.

Nice work I know what I am doing this weekend.
Awesome! If you have any questions, give a shout. Can't wait to see some pictures! :thumb:

Not smoked, but here's my Aussie snags...

beef+sausages+7.jpg

beef+sausages+8.jpg

beef+sausages+10.jpg

Matt

Richard is putting out some quality product.. Here's the latest. Sopprasetta stuffed in beef middle casings. Len Poli's recipe. This is about 35% moisture loss. Cut one open at 30 and I wasn't happy with the texture so I let em ride a little longer. 35% was money.

Last edited:
Back