Okay Salumi Brethren! Looking for Drying Chamber components

snadamo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Adam
Essentially, I was looking for some info from the brethren regard temp and humidity controllers for a salumi/charcuterie drying chamber. My original plan was to go with the inkbird models, but not sure if there are better options.

The basic setup idea:
  • Fridge (no freezer) - ~3.3cu Ft
  • tiny humidifier
  • computer fan (possibly)
  • Temp controller
  • Humidity Controller

I don't mind spending a little more for a better product, but I also don't want to take out a loan for homemade salami :cool:

Anyway, I know this is a vague post, and I attribute that to my inexperience in this endeavor. I have scoured reddit and some blogs and I feel they pointed me in right direction.

Thanks for looking and thanks in advance for the input!

I have an Inkbird humidity controller I use to control humidity by trigger either a humidifier or dehumidifier based on thresholds I set, and then another that controls the temperature by kicking the power on and off based on what I set. It worked very well.

On your humidifier and dehumidifier, you need to make sure that it's an analog on/off switch, otherwise when you cycle power off, it will not turn back on by itself. I believe sausagemaker.com sells that variety of both.

I have some pictures posted in an old thread of mine when I was getting it up and running that might be helpful.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295909&highlight=curing&page=3

Thank you gents! I will do some more digging.

Back