Revolutionary Pizza Steel

This did peak my interest. Not to be a Debbie Downer but you can get A36 steel plates on Ebay a lot cheaper than this. I found a 15" x 15" x 3/8" smooth edges and a hole in the corner for carrying/hanging for $45 (including shipping). Made in USA too.
Until my old cordierite stone I've had since the late 90's gives out I have to pass on the pizza steel.

I can't help but notice you seem quite taken with the word "revolutionary", Bob. I did scour the Misen Steel page and the word "revolutionary" was nowhere to be found. :confused:

And now, you have declared Gore's rocks "revolutionary", albeit only the ones with the googly eyes, as well.

I think you are up to something of some kind or another...:twitch:

:caked:

When it doubt about the use of a word, always rely on a dictionary.

LH2ws6rh.jpg

I converted my Brevelle Pizza oven with a ceramic stone to a BakingSteel plate. It was a big improvement. It took some doing to cut the shape to match and to machine the cut out for the temperature sensor, but the results far exceed the results from the ceramic plate.

I tried to upload a write up I did about this conversion but this site rejected my document.

You would get the same effect if you just filled your oven with rocks. I just happen to have a whole bunch of rocks and will gladly ship them out to all youse guys for $25 each (plus shipping of course), less than half the cost of these steel plates. Of course, rocks are much more environmentally friendly as that steel takes a lot of energy to produce (think of the carbon fingerprint). Also, when not in use, rocks make a nice pet that you don't have to feed.

thing-a-day-2013-16-googly-eyed-rock.jpg

(Googly eyes are an extra $10)

Gore, you've been using the same avatar since I became a regular on this forum, which is approximately 11 years. While I love it, I think the above picture would be a great choice for a new avatar...just sayin'.

Back