Reverse flow smoker build!

I'm never going to get this thing built because I keep coming up with ideas and just roll with em.... I get a little carried away with the plasma cutter sometimes but I thought the buckmark would go good with the deer horn handles... I made my own standoffs out of 1/2" pipe and welded two nuts to the back of the cutout and ran a bolt and washer from the inside of the cooker

Last edited:
Now that I have the smoker mounted on the trailer the trailer is looking a little bare anyone have any good ideas to add to it... I'm thinking I will do a shelf on the front of the pit just below the doors ...but I have about 3' of wasted space on the front and some room underneath the cook chamber

How far is your RF plate off the bottom of the cooker? Looks great, We just got started on our project. A 500 propane tank. Finally got one end cut, Ordering steel this week. Prolly going to start our own thread so we can keep you guys up to date.

I went 5 3/4"off of the bottom I would have went a little more but with a 20" pipe I was limited on space. I stopped the plate 6"from the end

If it were me I'd add the following:
Woodboxes over both axles.
Accessory shelf attached to cooking chamber
Builtin Flattop griddle or santa maria grill just in front of cooking chamber
Prep table with storage in front of griddle/santa maria.

I couldn't wait any longer I had to do a cook on it. I built a fire with oak and cooked some ribs and a brisket and they turned out awesome! I also picked up a slab of wood over the weekend for the shelf that will go in front of the cook chamber

Last edited:
The shelf is cut to size and the supports for it are all welded on. I might have to trim the board a little on the right side because the corner is a little close to the firebox.

Last edited:
I'm a bit of a fan of browning hopefully I didn't over do it and put too much on the smoker what do you guys think? I made a crude branding iron out of some scraps I had laying around. The next step is to put several coats of marine spar urethane on the shelf. I still need to buff all the rust off the pit and get it painted and get the shelf bolted on.

Last edited:
I mounted a double burner on the front of the trailer what do you guys think i can't decide if I like it or not. I think I might make a removable top that will go on top of the burners for an extra tabletop.

Last edited:
I spent a good portion of the day with a grinder in my hand with a wire wheel on it removing rust on the cook chamber and firebox. I got it painted before it rains again wasn't enough time in the day to strip and paint the trailer frame. I can't wait to get the finish on the shelf and get it bolted on and finish up paint I guess that will have to wait till next weekend

Last edited:
Back