Reverse flow smoker build!

Welding overhead sucks, big time. If you have a method to flip it and hold it up, I'd spend the time and do it every time.

I'm thinking about using deer shed horns for handles does anyone know if they can withstand the heat

Used deer antlers on an uninsulated vertical a couple years ago.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180290
Worked fine on the cook chamber, not so much on the firebox. The extreme heat of the steel at the firebox actually melted to antler, ultimately had to replace it with a cool touch spring handle. The cook chamber handle continues to work fine.

After a little research I found out that I was supposed to bolt the new trailer hitch on using grade 8 bolts oh well hopefully the welds hold I did make 3 solid passes on the underside and everything was welded in the flat position and it seemed like it was cutting in good and getting good penetration because I flipped the trailer over any opinions guys

Dang it! Stop. Just Stop!

I spent all last summer building my wood-fired cooker, and now you are pulling this kind of thing on me. Do NOT inspire me to do any more danged projects. Do not post these incredible pics with all sorts of cool details. Just quit! (Dang - I think you got some great thinking and craftsmanship going on there. Just quit it!

I got a couple more little things done today I reinforced the firebox door with 3/8x1 1/2 flat bar and welded on a piece of 4" channel to run 3" pipe from for mounting to the trailer

Last edited:
I still need to build the racks and the slides to pull them out on and come up with some handles for the doors..... I need to order a couple thermometers a jack for the trailer and get this thing mounted on the trailer

Looking real good! Your getting in the home stretch now. Thanks for sharing!

I got all of the slides for the racks welded in today I ended up going with an upper rack too I figured I should use as much of the cook chamber that I can

Last edited:
I have welded hundreds of hitch on. If you got good pentration your good. If you are worried you can still drill a couple holes and add bolts.

Back