THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you have a business license or are non=profit
Ed

I am neither

I just asked what it took join, they told unless I was to purchase tax exempt all I needed was a EIN (tax ID), which I provided. Its on your W-2.

But this requirement varies from store to store so I would go to the service desk and ask what exactly it takes to join. Thats what I did

another angle is if you belong to a church or other non profit ask them for their info and you join on their behalf and give them a card

but to answer his question is does not cost anything to join which you cannot dispute

I got lucky - my first time there with the KCBS pass - the service desk person said what a pain that is.. and gave me a permanent RD Card..

Try hinting to the desk person about just getting them to issue you a card.

Stop at the service desk on the way in. They will give you a temporary pass that the cashier will scan when you check out. That's what they do when I forget my RD card.

This is what I do every time at the Memphis RD. Works like a charm.

Just had a friend buy a cambro, so the next time i was at RD i checked out their cambro prices. It was $35 less than he paid on Amazon. The 400 series was roughly $50 less than what was on Amazon.

Can't beat those prices!

The KCBS day pass, is that a one time only thing, or can you use it continually?
There must be some limits?

The KCBS membership gets you in on a daily basis; that is the only limit. As has been said, stop by the desk, show your KCBS membership card or the RD flyer from the KCBS website. You will be given a slip of paper for the day which you will hand to the cashier who will keep it.

Although it is supposedly a daily pass, I have used my KCBS membership more than once in a day without issue. I'm hoping one day the Norcross location will tire of my day passes and just give me a card. A girl can dream anyway. :thumb:

Are you suppose to stop somewhere on the way into the store? I might not be following the rules then.

I shop for all the awesomeness that I want and then checkout with the KCBS day pass, my membership card and drivers license.

Am I missing something?

At mine, there is a desk on the right, just as you enter the store. I have a membership because I have Tax ID. and scan my card there. I assume that's where you would go in to show your KCBS card.

BD

Are you suppose to stop somewhere on the way into the store? I might not be following the rules then.

I shop for all the awesomeness that I want and then checkout with the KCBS day pass, my membership card and drivers license.

Am I missing something?

yes you stop where they give you the day pass. In your case you are already there!!

I'm good with the original question. Unless someone else has a question about this, you can let this thread die.

I went into the San Francisco RD office last week for the first time. I gave the KCBS voucher to the guy at the service desk and he just wrote out a day pass and handed it back to me and told me to have fun. When I was checking out the cashier gave me back the pass.

No restriction on number of uses and although it's supposed to be a daily issued pass they don't seem to care if you come back on the same day.

I spent too much money in there and I am planning on going back soon.

Do not forget Bethlehem is a relatively new store seems to be some things are not totally smooth yet, that said i used the kcbs pass in phillie, and had the same issue.

I now just have my own business card, so no issues

Back