THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smokerpa

Full Fledged Farker
I'm new to RD. I forgot that my KCBS membership afforded me a day pass to RD.

With that being said, I have gone the last two weekends and stocked up on meats and household items. A bunch of stuff for the back to school push. I don't buy anything in cases, but rather as individuals when it is available.

Both times I have submitted to them my drivers license, KCBS card and day pass. Both times it is met with speculation and questioning. I definitely don't mind answering questions, but today it almost didn't fly. Finally the person saw it say that all KCBS members are allowed to shop at RD and she finally accepted it.

I was advised that they have never heard of KCBS and/or seen anything like this day pass where I am. It definitely makes sense that they would not have. Anyone else experience this problem? Anything you can recommend to hopefully avoid this each time I go there? If not, I have no problem with dealing with it, as some of their prices are simply ridiculous.

I've only been to two RD locations (Nashville TN and Louisville KY) and I've never had a problem. I would just have a manager come up, and if they still have an issue, have them call RD corporate. I also carry a copy of the RD ad from the KCBS website with me, though I've never had to show it.

I've never had a problem over here. One time had a gal at the desk that was new and it took her a while to figure it out what to do. Bring a copy of the KCBS info with you, the code will make it easier to look up. If you start going there enough times, they'll remember you.

I have never had a problem, nor other people who I know that are KCBS member have no problems here.

I am a registered business with my tax number on file at RD. Much easier than printing and showing a day pass.

I bring the pass with me so they can read it. It's definitely not even close to a deal breaker. Just wondering if I was the only one in this boat.

It will probably all take care of itself when I keep showing up all the time.

I've had a similar experience. Sometimes they need to call over a manager and it is a little frustrating, but eventually I'll be let in. It sure is a little more complicated than going to costco, but as you said, the prices make it worth the hassle. They often ask "What company?" and I've started to respond KCBS and that seems to help.

Are you suppose to stop somewhere on the way into the store? I might not be following the rules then.

I shop for all the awesomeness that I want and then checkout with the KCBS day pass, my membership card and drivers license.

Am I missing something?

Well of course there is a membership fee, why else would you need a free day pass?
Ed

No, there isn't a fee. Without the KCBS pass, which is advertised as a one day shopping pass and not a "free" pass, you need a business tax id or non-profit info to get a membership.

Are you suppose to stop somewhere on the way into the store? I might not be following the rules then.

I shop for all the awesomeness that I want and then checkout with the KCBS day pass, my membership card and drivers license.

Am I missing something?

Stop at the service desk on the way in. They will give you a temporary pass that the cashier will scan when you check out. That's what they do when I forget my RD card.

No, there isn't a fee. Without the KCBS pass, which is advertised as a one day shopping pass and not a "free" pass, you need a business tax id or non-profit info to get a membership.

Ahhh. Well. I'm just a dude in a backyard with a regular day job. So it doesn't look like that will work. Oh well, Amazon has most of what I want anyway.

The KCBS day pass, is that a one time only thing, or can you use it continually?
There must be some limits?

Back