Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Red, White, & BBQ - Westmont, IL 5/27-29, 2011

what are all the catagories? I cant seem to find them on the site (not suprisingly)

Peoples Choice Chili
Sauce
Sausage
Ranchers reserve
Dessert

Plus the main 4

I think that's right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry We have to miss this one

Wow, sounds like it's going to be the best one ever. The pit boss' (Divemaster) daughter is graduating college on Saturday so we have to miss this one. As always, family first. It sounds like you all will be having a great time. If we don't see you at Evergreen Park, I'm sure we'll see you in Willowbrook. Have a great time and we'll be thinking of you at 9:22.

Is it just me, or does this year's Red, White and BBQ seem disjointed? normally the web site is up to date and info is flowing freely. The web site hasn't been updates in a month and we're two weeks away from the event.

I would just like to see the schedule updated so I know when things are happening, I guess we will find out upon arrival?

Good luck to everyone competing! Kathy and I were talking the other day about how much we missed this competition. So many of you we don't get to see much anymore! We worked it the first couple of years and Jim and his crew (including Scottie) were just super. It is great to see how it has grown over the years and I KNOW everyone will have a blast.

Good luck everyone!

Phillip

It's a little chaotic this year Ron. Jim is doing the bbq end onbhisbown. He waa rexently elexted as the Governor of Lion's. I think they worried too much about number of teams...

Just plan on cooking cfategotries. Jim is not in harge of the website.

Ron - Make sure you make enough for me to sample. :thumb:

It's a little chaotic this year Ron. Jim is doing the bbq end onbhisbown. He waa rexently elexted as the Governor of Lion's. I think they worried too much about number of teams...

Looks like you need to clean out the misspelled words from your droid library. :laugh:

Good luck to everyone competing! Kathy and I were talking the other day about how much we missed this competition. So many of you we don't get to see much anymore! We worked it the first couple of years and Jim and his crew (including Scottie) were just super. It is great to see how it has grown over the years and I KNOW everyone will have a blast.

Good luck everyone!

Phillip

We miss you and Kathy, too! i guess we just don't go far enough south!

Are you channeling Billy? :becky:

I have all of the respect in the world for Jim and the guys. I know that they are trying. From the outside looking in it is so different from previous years.

I think you can understand mine though Ron... ;)

It is different. The help just isn't there for Jim this year. I wish I could help more, just don't want any conflict and someone saying I got favoritism. I mean, doesn't everyone hace a 40x80' space? ;)

I don't think I've ever seen anybody at a comp work harder than Jim and his crew. Thought he was going to drop last year he was running around so much.
They really do try to keep folks happy

What Ron said!

Anybody know if Scotsmen, Joey Mac, or Joel are coming? Or Chi-Town or Heads Red?

No new team names on the site for a while. Guess it'll just be a surprise!
Hey Dann..No I wont be cooking this one but will be in Willowbrook the following week..I may stop up Sat just to say hi and visit a bit

Well, this comp will be be our first in the Midwest so we're definitely looking forward to meeting new people. We've been competing in the southwest and they have wine & cheese parties at the comps out here so we're thinking it would be a great way to meet the teams. Sooooo, Beer & Nacho party at the McFrankenboo Pub (our booth) at 2:30 on Saturday afternoon! Come on over and have sone fun!

Well, this comp will be be our first in the Midwest so we're definitely looking forward to meeting new people. We've been competing in the southwest and they have wine & cheese parties at the comps out here so we're thinking it would be a great way to meet the teams. Sooooo, Beer & Nacho party at the McFrankenboo Pub (our booth) at 2:30 on Saturday afternoon! Come on over and have sone fun!

Hmmm...

Southwest = wine and cheese

Midwest = beer and nachos?

I'm not sure if I should be insulted or dig in :becky:

No need to be offended, I like beer better so hence the change :p nothing screams BBQ like some 40s of OE and nachos! Looking forward to it!

Is Harpoon fine? After this weekend, you guys are buying!!! :becky: I'm still here trying to parlay my winnings...

Back