Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Red, White, & BBQ - Westmont, IL 5/27-29, 2011

Shot Fairy has asked me to let folks know, if anyone had (and liked) the HogJam that accompanied Divemasters stellar ham dinner at Libertyville last fall, we'll have a case or two of both the Merlot and Maple varieties. It's a sweet and savory conserve that's great on a sandwich, a bagel, or a spoon straight from the jar. Pressure canned for safety. 8 oz jars are $6.

Also, a new beverage will accompany the apple pie on her rounds

We have one of the final committee meetings tonight. Let me know if you all have any questions, requests or concerns and I can relay it to the powers that be. I wont be able to make the final meeting before the contest, because I'll still be in vegas.

We have one of the final committee meetings tonight. Let me know if you all have any questions, requests or concerns and I can relay it to the powers that be. I wont be able to make the final meeting before the contest, because I'll still be in vegas.

I don't know if there is better info on the Rancher's Reserve thing. I still haven't seen anything that talks about turn in times, presentation, any cooking requirements, etc. All i know is I'm supposed to pick up some meat and turn it in.

Other than the obvious on the Ranchers Reserve, Since cut off is the 10th will they post a final list of teams soon?

The Rancher's Reserve will be decided on toniggt. My recommendation was sunday at 10:30 am, instead of 2:00. My second choice would be 2:30. Trying to grill a steak between brisket and 2:00pm just doesn't sound like it will fly. It will be handled as a 5th category that doesnt count for GC. So KCBS rules apply for turnin and garnish. If I were you guys, I'd skip this category. Too much trouble!!!! ;)

I know that they only had space for 3 more teams. So that would make it 60 teams...

And bring coffee Ron!!! I'll take as many different one's as you have!!!! ;)

I would prefer the 2:30 also there is just to much going on in our camp in the morning.

I think the 2:30 scares them because teams are trying to pack up and they want as many teams as possible for this category

Ahh that makes sense, ok 4pm is good. (j/k) what ever it is, it is.

I think Scottie may be right, only a couple weeks out and nobody seems to have full knowledge of the RR details. Might be better off just skipping it.

I see on the site they are full, no longer accepting entries, but still showing only 43 teams on the team site. I assume if full they have 60 total?

I know.:p

But when these side categories get so vague, they can tend to take your eye off the main 4.

I'll watch and see what develops with this. In the end, I just might have a steak for dinner Saturday at that comp.

I know.:p

But when these side categories get so vague, they can tend to take your eye off the main 4.

I'll watch and see what develops with this. In the end, I just might have a steak for dinner Saturday at that comp.

I called and talked to Jim yesterday, and he was out of town so that might be why you haven't heard anything from him.

I am not competing in the Ranchers Reserve only because this will be the only comp on my schedule participating and it just isn't worth the hassle after driving several hours.

Plus I don't have a chance in hell of beating Ron with his coffee crusted top sirloin kabob! Oops maybe I wasn't suppose to share that. :twisted:

Damn Bill... you're on to me... don't tell anyone though.... ;)

I've received rules et al. That Jim had forwarded from the MMA coordinator. Pretty vague. Must buy meat from local Domincks. Cook how you want.

Damn Bill... you're on to me... don't tell anyone though.... ;)

I've received rules et al. That Jim had forwarded from the MMA coordinator. Pretty vague. Must buy meat from local Domincks. Cook how you want.

That's no lie. I kind of gave up on it as I didn't want to keep pushing Jim about it. Hopefully some of the folks in the couple comps ahead of this one will be able to clarify. I still have an idea I'm gonna show up at that Dominick's and the butcher won't know what the hell I'm talking about when I say I'm there to pick up my steaks:rolleyes:

Plus I don't have a chance in hell of beating Ron with his coffee crusted top sirloin kabob! Oops maybe I wasn't suppose to share that. :twisted:

Hmmm... That's actually a good idea :thumb:

Is it just me, or does this year's Red, White and BBQ seem disjointed? normally the web site is up to date and info is flowing freely. The web site hasn't been updates in a month and we're two weeks away from the event.

Maybe they have bit off more than they can chew with 8 categories?

Back