Roll Call. Inside 30 days. KCBS 24th Riverfest BBQ and Music Festival, $12,500, Sept 14-15, Decatur, AL

samappleton

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Sam Appleton
For cook team and judges applications : http://www.bbbsmcal.org

Contact Information:
Nancy Case - for judges
265-345-7802
Decatur, AL 35601
Phone: 265-345-7802
nmcase@aol.com

Leah Brown - for cook teams
Decatur, AL 35601
Phone: 256-353-0157
leah@bbbsmcal.org

RIVERFEST 2018 UPDATE
Hi Y’all!
Goodness gracious what a week this has been!! As promised, I am sending out a weekly update on Riverfest! IT’S GETTING CLOSE! In this email I will go over all the new happening first and then below I will copy all of last week’s information again (in case you forgot) AND to include all of the new teams that have registered this week in the loop as to what is going on!

We met with the electrical people last week and will meet with him again next week to go over all of the power requirements. At this time…30 amps of power is all that is being offered. We are looking at pulling in another generator (that will depend greatly on the price we can get another one) that will handle you 50 ampers. Our power boards are set up to hold 30 amps though. Please remember that you can bring your own generator if you think you may need one. We don’t mind at all! We’ve talked with Park and Rec and the water situation is fine. Our plan is to have all of the fencing, tents, water, generators, etc…in place on Wednesday so that when y’all start rolling in on Thursday you can be ready to do your thing!

You will be receiving an email on Monday or Tuesday (September 10th or 11th) about your site numbers. We are trying our very best to accommodate those of you who have requested certain spots and so far we are doing great with it! In this email you will also have a map of the venue so that you can see exactly where you are supposed to be. Remember you can start checking in at 10:00 on Thursday morning!

An update to the beer list is that we now have the 30 packs of Natural Light available. They are $20.00. PLEASE REMEMBER TO PRE-ORDER YOUR BEER!! The other brands and prices are listed below in the copy of last week’s email.

We have secured the free food and beer for the welcome dinner on Thursday evening. We have also arranged some great local entertainment for your listening pleasure! These two pickers and singers are awesome and I feel that you will really enjoy them! The dinner will start at 6:30 and will be in the grassy area in front of the stage.

That’s all the new information that I have right now! Below is the recap from last week! I hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing Labor Day weekend and as always, if you have any questions at all PLEASE do not hesitate to call me!

KCBS REPS: Our KCBS representatives this year are Randy Bigler, Carol Bigler, Janet Appleton and Sam Appleton. Cook’s Meeting will be at the Ingall’s Pavilion at 4:00 on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14th. At least one member of each team is required to attend the Cook’s meeting.

Professional and Backyard Teams will turn in their meats at the same time on Saturday, September 15th.
Chicken: 12:00
Ribs: 12:30
Pork: 1:00
Brisket: 1:30 - (PRO ONLY)

Desserts will turn in at 2:00 and Sauce at 2:30 if you have chosen to turn these in. Awards will start between 4:00 and 4:30.

You may check in as early as 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 13th. We are having a catered (and free to you!) WELCOME TO RIVERFEST dinner on Thursday evening at 6:00. We would love to see you there!!

ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: The City of Decatur will not allow outside beverages to be brought into the park. We can, however, presale cases of beer to our cook teams for our cost. Mosaic is the holder of the liquor license this year and all of the proceeds from our “beer tent” will stay in our organization. Valley Budweiser is a sponsor of Riverfest, below you will find what they are offering and the price per case. I have been told that specialty beers are possible, but we have to know quickly what brand so that they can check availability. They will have “a few” extra cases but not many. The beer in the tent will be sold in 16 oz. bottles for $5.00. The beer that you are able to purchase will be in 12 oz. cans. PLEASE pre-order enough for the weekend. There is not a limit as to how many cases you can purchase. I will need for you to call or email your order in by no later than Monday, September 10th so that they can be prepared to load them on the truck.

Budweiser $20.00
Bud Light $20.00
Michelob Ultra $23.00
Ultra Lime $23.00
Rolling Rock $18.00
Busch Light $18.00

ARMBANDS: All teams will receive four armbands when they check in. If you need additional armbands we are selling daily ones for $7.50 and Weekend ones for $10.00. These are color coded and for your use only. We are going to ask that you return them (if you don’t forget) so that we can use them next year. Kids 10 and under are FREE!! If you can let us know no later than Monday, September 10th how many extra you will be needing, we will have them ready for you to pick up when you check in! Payment for these can be made at pick up.

WHEW!! That’s a lot of information to process for right now!! Look for other updates on Facebook (Riverfest BBQ and Music Fest), Twitter (ALRiverfest) and Instagram (ALRiverfest)!! SEPTEMBER IS COMING, Y’ALL!! THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!! We can’t wait to see you!! PLEASE SHARE OUR EVENT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO COME AND SEE US!!
Leah
Leah Rutherford Brown
CEO
MOSAIC NORTH ALABAMA
Providing child and family mentoring services to North Alabama
115 1st Avenue, NE (inside the United Way Building)
P.O. Box 2171
Decatur, Alabama 35602
Office # 256-353-0157
www.mosaicnorthal.org
“The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back