Red Beans & Rice

I think I saw one of those places on TV, providing a Turducken
for the cooking show I was watching.

Fun Fact: If you ever make it to Airline Hwy in LaPlace, LA, you have to go to Jacob's and Bailey's. They both make excellent andouille and they hate each other. They are literally 100 yards apart:
picture.php

The both claim to be "the Original" andouille. The story is (which I cannot verify) that Jacob's was the original and that Baily worked for him. At some point in the 80's or 90's, Jacob modified his recipe to comply with USDA guidelines. Baily quit in disgust and opened up two doors down with the original recipe.

People are fiercely loyal to one or the other. I think they are both damn good, but I prefer Wayne Jacob's on River Road in LaPlace.

I was unaware of the other two. I have bought from Jacob's many times. Now the next time I go down, I will have to buy from all three and do a taste test. I'd like to try the Best Stop in Scott as well. I here their Boudin is excellent. Ronnie's Cajun Boudin and Cracklins in Hammond is pretty good.

Thanks,

Robert

Ronnie, I don't mean to threadjack, but IMHO the Mowata store has the best boudin on the planet. Best Stop and Poche's are close seconds. Don's has my favorite cracklins.

If you want a comprehensive listing of meat markets in Acadiana, check out the good folks at http://boudinlink.com/.

Back