THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fishwater2002

Full Fledged Farker
I haven’t had a gas grill in over 15 years but finally ready to get another one, can anyone recommend a decent one for $1000 or less? I used to have a Weber & tempted to pick up another but the new ones look to be a lower quality than the past

In 1990 i bought a Broilmaster P3 Gasser. Their catchphrase is "buy your last grill today". They were right.

34 years later, That grilll is still in my yard working fine. I had to rebuild the shelves a couple of years ago as the wood ones got pretty beat up. Repainted the body a couple times too. They claim the burners last 15 years. I replaced the burner in mine when it was 20. if you do a search in the forum you will probably see me recommending this grill many times. I got the stainless steel base and it ran about 1000$ back then. It s a bit more now but you can get it with the composite base for a little over a grand.

Broilmaster P3.

on edit. Went out and took some pics. its winter and i usually use my kettle or offset.. but the grills there for keeping stuff hot or when im lazy to do just a few burgers, so excuse the evidence of winter non-use. Still has its original cast iron grates. Replace the rocks with some ceramic/infrared plates. cant say enough about the durability of this grill. Its been thru 30+ NY winters and is never covered.

Attachments

You do know you are in a BBQ forum right? :shock:

king-of-the-hill___99_problems_propane_aint_one.jpg

In 1990 i bought a Broilmaster P3 Gasser. Their catchphrase is "buy your last grill today". They were right.

34 years later, That grilll is still in my yard working fine. I had to rebuild the shelves a couple of years ago as the wood ones got pretty beat up. Repainted the body a couple times too. They claim the burners last 15 years. I replaced the burner in mine when it was 20. if you do a search in the forum you will probably see me recommending this grill many times. I got the stainless steel base and it ran about 1000$ back then. It s a bit more now but you can get it with the composite base for a little over a grand.

Broilmaster P3.

on edit. Went out and took some pics. its winter and i usually use my kettle or offset.. but the grills there for keeping stuff hot or when im lazy to do just a few burgers, so excuse the evidence of winter non-use. Still has its original cast iron grates. Replace the rocks with some ceramic/infrared plates. cant say enough about the durability of this grill. Its been thru 30+ NY winters and is never covered.

I also recommend Broilmaster.
I have had one for 23 years I replaced the burner for the 2nd time about 4 years ago.
10 years on a burner is great.
Never replaced anything else.

I too added a gasser to my collection of smokers for quick mid-week cooks.

I really like my Grilla Grills Primate. It is a large, stainless gasser that has a griddle insert as well as standard grill grates. I believe it is in your price range.

I saw some Nepolean's and I gotta say they got my attention... I don't have a current need for a gasser but would start there if I did.

I'm a long time Weber gas owner (2002 Genesis Gold B) and fanboi, but if I were buying new the Napolean's would be right up there, they sure look nice and have great reviews. I'd be ~really~ tempted. when the time comes the weber genesis s435 would be my choice, but... man, those napolean 4 burner grills are sweet and would get a serious look

Weber spirits are the lowest, the upper end ones are still good quality, nothing is what it was 20-30 years ago though. will always have a gas grill and a griddle in my line up.

Back