Questions about baffle plate for offset smoker

...Btw, that Lavalock is too long for this smoker, but it's no problem at all. I just let it overlap a little and it's actually easier to remove as two pieces when I need to clean it.

Thanks for the feed back. I did the cardboard mock up on mine yesterday and concluded that it was too long as well!

The inside width of my cooking chamber is 35".

Did you leave any open gap at the far end opposite the firebox, or just fully butt the baffle plate to that end with the full excess overlapping at the middle? Hard to tell with your photo.

TheHojo - I like your grates. Our smoker needs new grates.

Still trying to decide if I should invest in new grates and baffle plate for this thing or just move on to a new smoker.

Larry, I leave a small gap towards the end of the cook chamber because there's a lip there where it is welded on. I could pull up on the baffle a little and slide it over this lip so it fully butts up against the far right of the cook chamber but figure it doesn't hurt to have an opening where the hot air can rise through. I'm only guessing, but I figure it probably doesn't make a difference either way.

Back