Probation or Fired

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Have a friend that I frequently gift ribs, brisket etc. All I ask for from him is honest feedback and to not reheat smoked meat with the microwave. Boil in bag, Instant pot, second time on cooker, wrapped in foil in oven-----anyfarkn method except microwave.
He calls. Hey man you member those ribs you gave me last month. Me, not really were they good? Man, that's why I'm calling, I left in fridge a few days, then put in freezer. I heated them up and they were tough. Bad pig??? Hey brother, how long did you leave them in the microwave? He replied, they were froze so guessing 3-4 minutes, maybe 5.

I told him I'd get him some good ones next time I cooked.
I won't, for a while.
Microwave, sheeeesh-- ought to just fire him outright
Friends are hard to come by and right now ribs are cheap.
I sent him this photo without any words.
No response

Last edited:
One of the best cooking tips I ever got from a BBQ discussion board was about using a microwave to reheat meat. NEVER, EVER use full power on the nuke machine. It can make the meat you are reheating tougher than Boolean algebra. Use the lowest defrost setting on the microwave to reheat your BBQed meats. It works and it works good as it has a longer window on checking if the meat is reheated to the temperature you want and not overcooked to where it is now tough.

I'm gonna have to give the brother a pass on the mwave...I have reheated bbq for years- all sorts of ways... and I will freely admit to hitting some of it with a good dose of mwave radiation.

Can't chunk rocks...glass houses and all - least he's not pouring sweet baby ray's on sliced brisket. if he he is- fire his butt

Same here, while I know it's better to reheat using other methods, I will sometimes reheat ribs in the microwave - usually when I'm in a hurry to put food on the plate.

Is it cool if I just eat that stuff cold? My wife rolls her eyes** when she catches me eating cold pizza for breakfast.

**All the eye rolling which goes on, I'm glad they haven't just fallen out of their sockets.

I'm gonna have to give the brother a pass on the mwave...I have reheated bbq for years- all sorts of ways... and I will freely admit to hitting some of it with a good dose of mwave radiation.

Can't chunk rocks...glass houses and all - least he's not pouring sweet baby ray's on sliced brisket. if he he is- fire his butt

Like I said, ribs are more easily acquired than friends. I may smirk at him a little next time we drink coffee

Back