Kevinstaggs suggested it…

4ever3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
While I couldn’t find Chupacabra original as he suggested, I did find this!

Y’all, it hits all the right notes!

True story, Monday night we had a house full of teenagers and they were hungry (they know this is the place to come) so I asked what they wanted? Chicken legs was the general consensus so Mrs. 4ever3 ran and got some family packs and I fired up Waylon. After sitting down I told them they were crash test dummies for a new rub and I wanted feedback. It was unanimous it was a crowd favorite, and there are a few foodies in the crowd that will be honest till it hurts :becky:

Tonight I put it on pork chops, smaller crowd but again was a hit!

Thanks Kevin!

#getyousome

Don't use many seasonings I don't make myself because I want to control the salt. Pic of the ingredients on the back label, please?

Seems high per 1/4 tsp, but the seasoning looks pretty coarse, so its probably pretty low in sodium compared to most seasonings i use. High in MSG, but i love me some MSG. Uncle Roger would approve.

It is pretty coarse and to be honest it could use a touch of Redmonds salt, but then I like salt, it does a body good! No, msg doesn’t bother me either and studies show it has no effect health wise. Pretty interesting if you look into it.

Last edited:
It is pretty coarse and to be honest it could use a touch of Redmonds salt, but then I like salt, it does a body good! No, msg doesn’t bother me either and studies show it has no effect health wise. Pretty interesting is you look into it.

What can i say, i have a high attention to detail. Must have been too much LSD when i was younger.

When my son was a teenager, I could have fed he and his friends shredded cardboard with unsalted flour and water gravy. They would have asked for seconds.

But I always gave them something to look forward to coming back for.

I need to try that rub, I do.

When my son was a teenager, I could have fed he and his friends shredded cardboard with unsalted flour and water gravy. They would have asked for seconds.

But I always gave them something to look forward to coming back for.

I need to try that rub, I do.

Cardboard...I mean steak...and A-1 worked for me growing up.

While I couldn’t find Chupacabra original as he suggested, I did find this!

Thanks Kevin!

#getyousome

I'm really glad you liked it. Their stuff is top-shelf IMHO. Heck, if it satisfies a group of hungry kids - it's got to be good. I suspect the chef had a part to play as well.

I'd say the original has a little more kick but the base is pretty darn similar.

It is pretty coarse and to be honest it could use a touch of Redmonds salt, but then I like salt, it does a body good! No, msg doesn’t bother me either and studies show it has no effect health wise. Pretty interesting if you look into it.
Thanks for the back label. Doing the math, a tablespoon has 100% the recommended DV of sodium.

Said before, I'm fussy about salt. Not just quantity...quality. I prefer using celtic. Never tried Redmonds. Tried Q-salt. Flavor is pretty good. Miss Sirporksalot posting here. Wish he'd come back.

Now, I'm off to making my favorite snack before bed...scrambled eggs. Fussy about those also. Gonna change it up a bit and add some salt free Cavender's amazon delivered yesterday.

I keep hearing about this Redmonds. Whats so special about it? When i want salt as finishing topping, i use Maldon Sea Salt Flakes. How does Redmonds compare?

Redmond's Real Salt

Features & details from website

FLAVOR – Real Salt is unlike any salt on earth. It’s subtly sweet, never bitter sea salt that makes every bite delicious. First try Real Salt, then try any other salt. The difference will amaze you!
NATURAL – Unrefined, unprocessed and ancient sea salt with trace minerals and no additives. Natural sea salt just the way nature made it, with nothing added and nothing removed
HEALTHY – Recommended by doctors! An ancient sea salt recommended by doctors and health professionals for its unique blend of trace minerals
VARIETY – Variety of packaging, sizing, and salt grain size (powder, fine, kosher, coarse), suitable for different application and use. Convenient refill pouches and shakers, perfect for food storage, and excellent for travel. Makes a practical and memorable gift for an individual or a whole family
MINED IN USA – Mined in Utah since 1958 from an ancient seabed protected from modern pollution. Compared to Himalayan, Celtic, Tibetan, Malaysian, French, Hawaiian, Irish, and Marine Sea Salts, Real Salt means fewer food miles, ethical labor standards, and sustainable practices along with its addictive sweet-salt taste. The only American Pink and Black Salt.

Back