Post your best cook ITT

Cooked on the base of my 22.5 WSM, Choice Filets from Costco at the beach. Some of the steaks weren't completely thawed when I started, the WSM wasn't cooperating for a reverse sear, so I pulled the middle section and dropped the grate down over the coals. I was like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, bent over playing chess with the steaks and coals trying to cook for 6 people with requests from RARE to medium well. Miraculously, when they hit the plates, all were the right temp and the taste was top notch. 3 of the 6 people at the table proclaimed them to be the best steaks they've ever had. I felt like King Mutha Farker of the Grill that night. Pic is mid-cook.
IMG_20160605_173253429_HDR_zpssib5wnat.jpg

i skipped over this thread because i didn't know what ITT was...:loco:

Me too Paul...

My best looking ever was still those pig shots pics that I have posted way to many times...

i skipped over this thread because i didn't know what ITT was...:loco:
Me too Paul...

My best looking ever was still those pig shots pics that I have posted way to many times...

Well now y'all know! IN THIS THREAD. lol :caked:

I'm going to go with the butts and beans I cooked for my family reunion last weekend. It may not have been the best in terms of quality of the food, but it was one of the most enjoyable cooks I've done:

As I detailed in another thread, the cook started out with me realizing that the lid on the grill I was using (22" Weber OTS) was not round and wouldn't seal very well. Then I realized that the bottom vent control was seized and I couldn't get it to budge even a bit. So I had to jerry-rig some aluminum foil strips to block off the vents for temperature control and smoked 2 butts and a pan of beans. The fact that I spent all morning looking over a river by myself, and then all afternoon surrounded by family to kick off a FANTASTIC weekend may have influenced my opinion of the cook quality a bit I'm sure.

Anyway, here it is mid-cook, just before foiling:

20160624_124525.jpg

I think this is from Memorial Day. Brisket and sausage turned out great. With leftovers, made some of these chopped brisket/sausage sammies. Killer.

Back